Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [6]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2301 [1]
Given Kudos: 114
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q169 V168

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 320 [1]
Given Kudos: 166
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 185 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Re: 690 to 750 after 6 Years: My GMAT Debrief [#permalink]
Congratulations Sid.
This is a great long journey. Can you share more about how you keep work-life-learn balance?
Thanks for your brief and best wish for you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ostrick5465 wrote:
Congratulations Sid.
This is a great long journey. Can you share more about how you keep work-life-learn balance?
Thanks for your brief and best wish for you!

Hi Ostrick,
Thank you for your query!

If you are able to get 3 hours on an average during your work/week days and 5-6 hours during the weekends, you should be through with your prep in 3-4 months time. Having a plan in place and then being consistent with your prep is the key. During my initial prep although I was consistent but I did not plan properly, so even if I was sitting for 5 hours my learning output was equivalent to 1 or 2 hours worth of effort because I did not really know where I have to reach. So have a plan in place, assign the amount of time that you are going to allocate to each topic and its sub-topics in each section and then divide this into monthly, weekly and daily milestones(take the help of someone who has already gone through this). Keep track of your progress, its ok to miss sometimes but overall this helps a lot. At initial stage of the prep, make sure to focus on learning and build a solid understanding of the concepts. Some of them might be new and will take time, so ensure you are giving sufficient time.

From my work day, I managed two hours in the morning and 1 to 2 hours in the evening. Being consistent allowed me time for daily exercise and recreational activities with friends. I would wake up at 6: 30 in the morning, study from 7 to 9 and then start with my office work and continue with that till 7pm. Go for a jog/walk and then study for 1 to 2 hours more depending on the work that was left to be covered. Then at around 10 I would meet my friends for daily chit-chat and games. I would call it a day at 12 and follow the same schedule the next day.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Sid,

Congrats on the score! That's really a long journey. What's the Pros and Cons of the E-gmat course during the self-paced GMAT study?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
LukeShaw wrote:
Hi Sid,

Congrats on the score! That's really a long journey. What's the Pros and Cons of the E-gmat course during the self-paced GMAT study?

Hi Luke,

Here you go:-
Pros:-
Ready made content: Saves a lot of time, especially if you plan to arrange from different sources.
Reliable: As I mentioned in my de-brief, it is very important to practice from the right source, if you attempt a question which is faulty in the first place or has ambiguous answer choices then you will end up getting wrong understanding of concepts. This happened with me during the first attempt.
Technique: Their teaching method is very simple but at the same time very methodical and super effective. Course is structured and designed very nicely so you can focus on learning and are able to do that very easily.
Mentorship/Assistance: If you are a part of their mentorship program, then you get a lot of assistance during your prep. You are assigned weekly milestones, you become part of a cohort in which you can share your learnings and experiences. You get great insights and tips till the exam day which help you a lot.

Cons:-
1. Some of the explanations might not be as good as you want them to be, however you can go and locate most questions on GMAT club where you can look for more discussion on that particular question.
2. While I was going through the quant course, I thought that there needs to be more content than what is being taught, however later at the time of giving official mocks I realized that the content was actually sufficient. Having said that, still I feel that you need to be above average in quant as it is not very detailed. If quant is your weakness, then you might have to refer to additional theory as well as practice quizzes.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts