Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:42 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 930 [0]
Send PM
Re: Resource on Number Properties/Number Theory? [#permalink]
get a hand on a solid material first, study the fundamentals, then do extensive questions. solving problems alone without knowing all the fundamentals first does not help improve much.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
tanushree wrote:
Hi Trivikram,

This forum really is awesome.

My only problem is that I'm trying to cement my knowledge of all these number property rules and common questions etc., and these posts seem to be interspersed among all the other topics.

I have the MGMAT number properties. It is excellent. Get the MGMAT word problems as well. It covers rates, work problems, combinatorics, probability etc.

Here's the catch, those two books are a bit rudimentary compared with the material on this website. But they are the only well written books that systematically and categorically archives all of the information. Start with those books, practice the theories with their questions, then apply it to the questions here.

If you ever find something here that has a comprehensive collection, let me know, I'd like to take a look, otherwise, sift and collect here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
tanushree wrote:
Hi everyone,

Joined this forum about a week ago, and have been reading quant-related posts in awe. Realised that Number Properties/Theory rank very highly in importance on the GMAT.

Does anyone have a comprehensive set of notes or lessons on this topic?

Thanks! And keep up the truly wonderful work...it's really a gem for test-takers.

I don't think there is any number theory on the exam.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
Took the GMAT for the first time two months ago - and let me assure you, there's TONS of number theory related questions on it. Lots of strange inequalities questions, coordinate plane questions, exponents...the MGMAT prep books are great. Get them, work the problem sets, and lock in the basics, then come to this website and try your hand at the questions here. Very, very helpful!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Uphillclimb!

What other MGMAT quant prep books (other than Number Properties) did you find really useful?

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Quantitative Questions Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts