Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
Re: Just had my Cornell Interview... [#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
Well after my flight being cancelled, and arriving on campus almost 2 hours after I was originally scheduled to - I was ready for my interview.

I had to wait a while for the second year student to show up so I spent some time talking with Michael Corbett the Admissions Service Rep. and the Director of Admissions stopped by to chat briefly with me because we had been trading e-mails for several weeks.

Then the interview came - I felt like I connected with my interviewer and was prepared from the questions that were posted on GMAT Club. There were not too many surprises and I did feel relaxed for the most part. It was a laid back interview with formal elements.

There were a couple tough questions about my shortcommings (they want to know how I plan to overcome a weakness in quant) and they also had some comments about my essays. The interviewer gave me feedback on my resume and how to overcome some of my weaknesses. I did my best to give him answers that would set the ADCOM's minds at ease but I was a little taken back by the questions regarding my app. I figured that didnt happen in any of the past GMAT clubber interviews so this was new to me.

However overall I felt positive - a little nervous. I also saw the first review of my application that he was reading off of - apparently the reader rated me average on my entire application, GMAT scores, GPA, essays, etc. So I was left wondering how the hell did I get called in for an interview. It was a sobering experience and only time will tell how I did. 14 days to go, man this has been a rough quest for an MBA and I am sure it gets harder - but wow, this has been a challenge.

Oasis, I guess its a good sign that he drilled you on weaknesses during the interview.. You dont want him to think about your weaknesses later on.. You had a chance to speak about it which is a good sign..

can you share your profile with us? I vaguely remember you getting 640 on GMAT.. Did you give it again?

Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I definitely think it was a good thing that I had the opportunity to address my weaknesses instead of keeping them guessing when its decision making time.

As far as my profile - you guys will laugh I am so far behind many of you.

2.55 GPA from BU in Economics with an Art History Minor.
640 GMAT, took it three times and my quant improved a lot and my verbal dropped tremendously - I am shocked actually.
4 years of work experience, some in corporate law, 3 years in real estate sales/management.
Recent promotion at work.
By all means I am quite average on paper - I am surprised they wanted to talk to me. But I do feel in person I have a very strong presence which the interviewer noted. He did give me some tips on how to make myself look better on paper which I appreciated.

We will see, I am the long shot basically but I think I will get in somewhere that I want to go - its a matter of selling myself and getting them to take a risk.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
I definitely think it was a good thing that I had the opportunity to address my weaknesses instead of keeping them guessing when its decision making time.

As far as my profile - you guys will laugh I am so far behind many of you.

2.55 GPA from BU in Economics with an Art History Minor.
640 GMAT, took it three times and my quant improved a lot and my verbal dropped tremendously - I am shocked actually.
4 years of work experience, some in corporate law, 3 years in real estate sales/management.
Recent promotion at work.
By all means I am quite average on paper - I am surprised they wanted to talk to me. But I do feel in person I have a very strong presence which the interviewer noted. He did give me some tips on how to make myself look better on paper which I appreciated.

We will see, I am the long shot basically but I think I will get in somewhere that I want to go - its a matter of selling myself and getting them to take a risk.

Don't worry Oasis, keep digging at it. If it was easy it would be worthless. Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]