Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:42 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
standard wrote:
Thing is, I need to leave for MBA this year, otherwise I won't be getting anywhere for the next 2 years. Military obligation is a pain in Turkey.

I see. That changes things. I would suggest doing the entire OG and the supplements. Start doing the first third of each section (if you're aiming for a 670+, you should breeze through these problems). Then, do the second third and finally the last third. Learn the concepts. For every minute you spend on a question, spend two on the explanation.

If you have vacation time available at work, now is the time to take it.

If I told you that you could take the actual gmat, but you can't keep nor cancel your score would you want to take it? Good, because that's what the GMATPrep is. It is the actual gmat, but the score doesn't count.

Take it around week 2/3 and then for the last 3-4 days, take the test every day. Get used to it, it is nearly identical to the real thing.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Those are helpful tips. I bought the TPR Cracking the GMAT 2007 and all OG's. I also ordered Manhattan SC, which I couldn't find in Turkey.

Your way seems reasonable, and doable. I talked to some of my superiors, and will get the vacation before GMAT.

Thank you for the tips, hopefully my next post in this thread will be "OMG Thanks!!! It worked!!!" :-D

Nonetheless, I know it is a long shot.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
standard wrote:
Those are helpful tips. I bought the TPR Cracking the GMAT 2007 and all OG's. I also ordered Manhattan SC, which I couldn't find in Turkey.

Your way seems reasonable, and doable. I talked to some of my superiors, and will get the vacation before GMAT.

Thank you for the tips, hopefully my next post in this thread will be "OMG Thanks!!! It worked!!!" :-D

Nonetheless, I know it is a long shot.

All the best. Always remember the key is practice but since you dont have that much time. I would suggest taking a GMAT PRep before you start. That way you would know where you are and have a idea about which topics to focus (ones you are weak).

OG11 and GMATPrep are absolute mandatory.

Again all the best. We all will be waiting for your success.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I was amazed that the PR 2007 cracking the GMAT book was very helpful indeed. After I read the entire book and solved every question, my verbal score increased substantially. My math was already in good shape thanks to the extremely difficult math courses in Turkish schools, but I always managed to answer medium questions for Verbal, that is, if I could.

After solving the questions in the PR Cracking the GMAT 2007, I saw that I could answer the Hard questions without too much problems. However, I am having problems with the Easy questions! I always score very dismal results in Easy questions, but do better in much harder questions.

Does anyone has an idea why this is happening? Also what is the cure?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 499 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
standard wrote:
I was amazed that the PR 2007 cracking the GMAT book was very helpful indeed. After I read the entire book and solved every question, my verbal score increased substantially. My math was already in good shape thanks to the extremely difficult math courses in Turkish schools, but I always managed to answer medium questions for Verbal, that is, if I could.

After solving the questions in the PR Cracking the GMAT 2007, I saw that I could answer the Hard questions without too much problems. However, I am having problems with the Easy questions! I always score very dismal results in Easy questions, but do better in much harder questions.

This means that those easy questions are not so easy as you think :)
If you consider the shorter SC for example an easier sentence than a longer one than it is not the case... You must learn the tricks Gmat throws at you... I think, once you recieve Mgmat SC book, you will learn those....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
SimaQ wrote:
standard wrote:

This means that those easy questions are not so easy as you think :)
If you consider the shorter SC for example an easier sentence than a longer one than it is not the case... You must learn the tricks Gmat throws at you... I think, once you recieve Mgmat SC book, you will learn those....

It is confusing. The PR gives three bins of questions: easy, medium and hard.

While I score better in hard questions from the hard bin, I score relatively low on the questions from the easy bin.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Don't spend too much time on the PR, it is helpful, but rudimentary at best. If you're done with it, move on to the OG and GMATPrep.

Remember, nothing and I mean absolutely nothing replicates the gmat questions, so GMATPrep and OG are invaluable in your studies.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats thats great news! good luck with the applications
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]