Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 23:14 It is currently 09 May 2024, 23:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 180
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6879 [1]
Given Kudos: 500
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 316
Send PM
Re: Exhausted all OG questions [#permalink]
StillON wrote:
Hi guys, I'm preparing for GMAT for quite some time now and have exhausted almost all OG questions. I still don't feel confident (especially in RC) but I have decent accuracy (probably because I hardly see any new question now). Can you please suggest something (any plan or resource) that I can use for the next 6-8 weeks. Thanks a lot in advance!

It's not about the number of questions mate. Don't fall into the same trap, thinking that if you will complete ALL OG's that would somehow make the test easier. It won't. trust me, speaking from experience (made the same mistake myself). Can't stress how important your error log is. go back to the wrong question. understand why you marked what you marked and why did you cancel off the right answer. Understanding your own line of reasoning seems such an unimportant task "what was I thinking" but it'll help you in the long run.

Cheers.
A.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11676 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi StillON,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
3) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22180 [2]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi StillON,

I am happy to provide some advice but would first like to learn more about your situation with the GMAT. Once you respond to the questions already asked, I can provide some further guidance. In the meantime, here is a helpful article for you to check out:

GMAT Reading Comprehension Tips: Top 8 DOs and DON’Ts
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
Send PM
Exhausted all OG questions [#permalink]
Thanks everyone for reply.

To answer some of the questions:
I'm studying since Jan 2021 (very on and off), but started properly in March. Had planned to write the exam by May, but due to high work pressure, exam pressure, and health concerns, I was asked to take a break for some time. So now I'm trying to pace things up a little. I have used Jamboree Material, but my score in mocks varied a lot (probably because I was being too hard on myself and wasn't taking enough breaks). I have scored 670-730 in mocks but not very satisfied because even after practicing so much, I am still not able to get a stable score. My quant was Q47-50 and verbal was V34-38. I scored 750 (Q49, V42) in my official mock test on mba.com, but this was in May. I was /am still not confident (I don't know what should I do to boost this up though). My score in GMAT club tests was Q44-48 and V25-35 (but this was in March).

I am aiming for 750 and planning to apply this year or next. I'm aiming for the top 10 US/Canada B schools but have just 2 years of work experience so not sure if I will get anything this year. I just want to give GMAT as soon as possible so that I can get rid of this extra pressure. I work 15-16hrs a day, so try to spend 1-2 hr max on weekdays and ~5-6 hrs on weekends.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this extra pressure, gain confidence and improve score will be very much helpful. Any study plan would be helpful too (RC / CR especially).
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11676 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi StillON,

To start, since you are planning to apply to some highly-competitive Schools, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert about your overall profile and plans. Those Experts should be able to answer your Admissions questions and help define the specific areas of your profile that could use some improvement (and the more time you have to work on those suggestions, the better). There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

Based on your Score Goal, we have to be far more specific about your practice results so far (not Score "ranges"). As such, we should start with your CAT/mock results so far. Which "brands" of CATs have you used, on what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6879 [0]
Given Kudos: 500
Expert Reply
StillON wrote:
Thanks everyone for reply.

To answer some of the questions:
I'm studying since Jan 2021 (very on and off), but started properly in March. Had planned to write the exam by May, but due to high work pressure, exam pressure, and health concerns, I was asked to take a break for some time. So now I'm trying to pace things up a little. I have used Jamboree Material, but my score in mocks varied a lot (probably because I was being too hard on myself and wasn't taking enough breaks). I have scored 670-730 in mocks but not very satisfied because even after practicing so much, I am still not able to get a stable score. My quant was Q47-50 and verbal was V34-38. I scored 750 (Q49, V42) in my official mock test on mba.com, but this was in May. I was /am still not confident (I don't know what should I do to boost this up though). My score in GMAT club tests was Q44-48 and V25-35 (but this was in March).

I am aiming for 750 and planning to apply this year or next. I'm aiming for the top 10 US/Canada B schools but have just 2 years of work experience so not sure if I will get anything this year. I just want to give GMAT as soon as possible so that I can get rid of this extra pressure. I work 15-16hrs a day, so try to spend 1-2 hr max on weekdays and ~5-6 hrs on weekends.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this extra pressure, gain confidence and improve score will be very much helpful. Any study plan would be helpful too (RC / CR especially).

Hello again, StillON. Your performance across the six official practice tests is the best indicator of how you will likely perform on test day. You may be placing too much emphasis on your target score (increasing pressure), not enough on the steps it may take to reach that goal. I actually think your study plan, time-wise, is perfect. You want to study a little each day to keep sharp and improve, but not so much that you lose direction, and you also want to put in more time when you can. I have written a detailed post on common preparation mistakes I have seen others make, a post I think you will find useful.

Good luck.

- Andrew
GMAT Club Bot