Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [21]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48 (Online)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools: IIMA PGPX'23
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: My journey from 680 to 780 in two months and a half! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Wow. That is an awesome score!
How did you get the 680? Was that your starting score? Would be great to understand your starting position. :-)

Thx.
BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi bb, yes that was the score I got on the first mock I took as "diagnostic test" to understand where I was starting from. :)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
MagdaCar wrote:
Hi bb, yes that was the score I got on the first mock I took as "diagnostic test" to understand where I was starting from. :)

Wow! That's a pretty amazing score for the starting point! I thought perhaps you had one attempt and got a 680 and then upgraded it to 780 but a 680 is a nice place to start. I had humbler beginnings with a 540 (after a few months of thumbing through the Princeton Review book).

So you are applying to HSW? :cool: (unfortunately the score is not everything at those programs but hopefully you have a strong background professionally and academically (I suspect you should with a 680 starting point - that's sharp!)
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30797 [1]
Given Kudos: 635
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Akash1165 - This is a verified score. The tick against the score validates that the score was verified using an official score report live link. Please take a look at the link below to see how the reviews are verified:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-club-re ... 09438.html

-Rajat
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Akash1165 wrote:

Dear Moderators,

Is there any way that this review's authenticity can be verified?

Please note that because of so many reasons, even a child can tell that it is 100% fake.[/quote]

Apparently children are gullible - who would have known?

I missed your friendly comment here.... yes, it is a verified review with a green tick mark (visible on desktop or on the post or profile on mobile)
So this user has indeed gotten a 780 and was able to prove it. It is an automatic process that checks the mba.com site.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/new-feature- ... 36030.html
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30797 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
.. and you can watch her interview with Rajat, one of our Co-founders.

Cheers!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
Congratulations on 780! nearly a perfect score. I am in similar circumstances as yours. Your debrief has been a significant help to bring myself in track. Best of luck to your application process.
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30797 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dear Magdalena,

Congratulations on your prodigious score of 780. This is hugeeeeeeeeeee. I am so proud of you!

Scoring a 780 on the GMAT takes a lot of effort and dedication. You have shown utmost diligence and that is why you could reach this feat. Let's understand what your key areas in your GMAT Journey were:

A clear idea on strengths and weaknesses: Since you started with a V39 and a Q44, you knew the exact areas where you need to focus on: fixing quants and precisely targeting weaker areas in verbal. This gave you clear milestones to complete and track progress on.

Focus on Quant prep: You started with a lower score in Quant and that dictated you to do the course files in the course. Your attempts have been fantastic which shows that you were ready for the next stage: Practice to solidify all learnings from the course files.

View the Screenshot here:

Scholaranium Practice: Your Scholaranium attempts for Medium and Hard questions were great! You maintained a score of 70% in Medium and 55% in Hard quizzes which shows that the candidate is nearing the Q49ish score. You did Test Readiness diligently to ensure that you trained your mind well on doing 31 question quizzes at a stretch. This is a key part of success.

View the Screenshot here:

Verbal Precision Targeting: You also made sure you practice sufficient questions to get an idea on your weak areas and patch them up with suitable revision. Your Scholaranium Quizzes show how well you performed on them. These stats are clearly an indication of a 95%th student

Strategic Review and Error Logs: More often than not, students think that this is a waste of time, whereas this is the MOST IMPORTANT aspect to improve. You were very diligent in the process of doing reviews and maintaining logs which paid off immensely.

I have recorded an account walkthrough that entails your prep journey. Watch it here: https://success.e-gmat.com/Account-Walk ... -Magdalena

I am very happy for you and wish you all the very best! I am sure, your journey will motivate a lot of test-takers out there.

Keep shining!

Regards,

Atreya
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts