Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 10:17 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
nervousgmat wrote:
I think people tend to take several practice tests just to track their progress throughout their studying process. E.g., some people take a practice test in the very beginning, then take it agian somewhere in the middle, and again at the end. In your case, I think it doesn't make sense to take multiple practice tests, unless 750 is low for you. :roll:

Well I consider a practice test score of 750 equal to a real gmat score of 700\710.
No sleep the night before my test and test day anxiety will surely knock several points off my score.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Study a little more and take the second one, if it is still in the 700+ category you will do fine.

You can even retake the GMATPreps 6-8 times the week before the exam to get your brain used to the GMAT and the math sections will give you plenty of unseen practice. The verbal has more overlap but it is still good practice as well.

It is a very accurate indicator of how you will do - but nothing is perfect.
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 693 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q51  V50
Send PM
[#permalink]
i've noticed that you are great at quant, so with an above average verbal score, 700+ is certainly possible. You just happen to start from a very high level. Good luck
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think practice tests in a timed environment is absolutely necessary and important!

For me I could answer the questions easily when I wasnt timed, but it was a whole different story in a timed environment.

Take one in the beginning to see where you stand and then take a lot (as many as you can) towards the end.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Why not, if you want to do practice problems, this is just a certain format. As long as you review them afterwards I think it would be fine.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Amount of Practice [#permalink]
I think it is better to take several tests throughout the preparation process in order to, among others:

1. See how your study is helping you and as a benchmark to compare.
2. There are many factors that can make you score lower, so it is better to replicate the test environment many times in order to get acquainted with it.

Also doing only one exam is not representative of the real performance you will achieve on the exam day. For this purpose it is better to make sure you can consistently achieve 700+ score on the practice tests to have enough confidence that you will be able to achieve that grade during the exam day.

Hope it helps and good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Amount of Practice [#permalink]