Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6860 [126]
Given Kudos: 500
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 485 [1]
Given Kudos: 839
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6860 [4]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 119
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Re: Master SC OG Spreadsheet (800+ Questions) [#permalink]
wow, a nice New Yr gift... thanks!!
Can we expect a similar sheet for CR?
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6860 [0]
Expert Reply
mohitprabhat wrote:
wow, a nice New Yr gift... thanks!!
Can we expect a similar sheet for CR?

Yes, mohitprabhat, eventually. Right now, although I have added 650 questions to my CR OG spreadsheet, I have only worked my way through 335. I am loath to upload an incomplete sheet or one that contains unverified questions.

Happy New Year, and good luck with your studies.

- Andrew
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32880 [1]
Given Kudos: 4455
Send PM
Bookmarks
Top Contributor
Happy New Year

A very good job. It could come in handy

A side note: personally speaking, I would disregard completely the questions that are tagged "1000 series". More often than not they are from the OG. However, a good chunk of it is made by questions re-arranged or from MGMAT and dispatched as official. Or who knows from where they come from.

In doubt, I would go via tag to those questions I am sure they are official.

It was the case, in the past, that some question was literally a piece of crap and people knew it was official.

Be careful

Good job in the end. Compliments

Regards

PS: Above using only the tag official would be enough, though
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6860 [2]
Kudos
Expert Reply
carcass wrote:
Happy New Year

A very good job. It could come in handy

A side note: personally speaking, I would disregard completely the questions that are tagged "1000 series". More often than not they are from the OG. However, a good chunk of it is made by questions re-arranged or from MGMAT and dispatched as official. Or who knows from where they come from.

In doubt, I would go via tag to those questions I am sure they are official.

It was the case, in the past, that some question was literally a piece of crap and people knew it was official.

Be careful

Good job in the end. Compliments

Regards

PS: Above using only the tag official would be enough, though

Hello, carcass. I am not sure we have directly crossed paths before, but it is an honor. (I have seen a lot of your work, especially on the GRE Prep Club forum.) I agree that the 1000 Series is a mixed bag. Some questions appear to have been corrupted—that is, if they were ever official questions to begin with—but others have also shown up in the GMAT Advanced guide or as GMAT Prep questions. I decided to take the chance that many of them were legitimate (official) questions, but I felt the need to point out that particular source and a few others. Solver beware, right?

I did not mean to be obnoxious with my tags. I thought I could create a post without a timer attached that would simply appear in the SC forum, the one I thought most appropriate for the spreadsheet. I would welcome any moderator changes that would get rid of the timer and place the post, well, somewhere that seemed fitting.

Happy New Year.

- Andrew
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32880 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
Disabled the timer.
Moved under the Verbal resources section which is more appropriate.
Cleaned the tags.

Thank you for the kind words Sir
Volunteer Expert
Expert Reply
carcass wrote:
Disabled the timer.
Moved under the Verbal resources section which is more appropriate.
Cleaned the tags.

Thank you for the kind words Sir

The post looks much better now, more in line with what I had initially been picturing. I typically contribute to the forum by responding to Expert reply requests; sharing part of my work in this manner is new to me, even after a couple thousand posts. Thank you for cleaning everything up.

- Andrew
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32880 [0]
Send PM
Top Contributor
If you need help or else just drop me a private message whether is appropriate in your judgment!!!

I'll try to help more here on this side of the moon. Usually, I am on the darkest side :lol:

Regards
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Send PM
AndrewN

This is like a miracle, I was looking for something like that but never found it, until i stumbled upon this post.

Just one question: This doesn't include GMAT Prep SC questions, correct? Just OG stuff
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6860 [1]
Kudos
Expert Reply
hadimadi wrote:
AndrewN

This is like a miracle, I was looking for something like that but never found it, until i stumbled upon this post.

Just one question: This doesn't include GMAT Prep SC questions, correct? Just OG stuff

That is correct, hadimadi. There are no questions on the spreadsheet that are solely tagged "GMAT Prep" on this site. Some older questions from the OG 10 especially may still appear in GMAT Prep tests 1 or 2, since that question pool is so deep, but to my knowledge, no questions from any of the guides with a full year in the title—from OG 2015 onward—have also appeared as GMAT Prep questions.

Good luck with your studies.

- Andrew
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
AndrewN wrote:
Hello, everyone, and Happy New Year. I have been working doggedly for the past few months to collate all the SC questions—870 in sum—that have appeared in official guides past and present and put them in one spreadsheet. Where the source was lacking in specificity—e.g., "1000 Series," "Official Guide [Pre-2000]," or, simply, "Official Guide"—I made a note. I also categorized (tagged) every question based on my own observations while I was practicing. Yes, I attempted each question, sometimes first thing in the morning, sometimes after a long day of work. (I tended to get sloppier in those later sessions, but excuses, excuses...) In case you are curious, or if you are the competitive type, the following are my stats. If you want to take up a challenge and beat the Expert, by all means, have a go. I would like to read about your experience, maybe down below or in a debrief. (I simply worked from top to bottom, but the beauty of a spreadsheet lies in its customizability.)

• Easy/Low: 392/396 (99.0% accuracy), average 0:35/question
  • Medium: 277/287 (96.5% accuracy), average 0:48/question
  • Hard: 173/187 (92.5% accuracy), average 0:57/question
  • Longest streak on spreadsheet: 143 questions
  • Second longest streak: 139 questions

I created the spreadsheet as a Google Sheet, but I am uploading it as an Excel sheet. There is nothing fancy or automated. I not only lack the technical knowhow, I also find it useful to spend a little extra time adding notes or comments on questions, whether I get them correct or not.

Attachment:
SC OG Question Set.xlsx

As always, good luck with your studies.

- Andrew

Dear Andrew, Thank you so much for doing this!
I just wanted to ask- has this also been made a part of the question Forum Quiz questions? Meaning, if I wanted to practice comparison questions, should I do the Forum Quiz or this? If this is included there, then it would be 2 birds, 1 stone B)
Again, thank you so much!
Volunteer Expert
Expert Reply
aryasharma wrote:
Dear Andrew, Thank you so much for doing this!
I just wanted to ask- has this also been made a part of the question Forum Quiz questions? Meaning, if I wanted to practice comparison questions, should I do the Forum Quiz or this? If this is included there, then it would be 2 birds, 1 stone B)
Again, thank you so much!

Happy to help, aryasharma. To answer your query, all of the questions in the spreadsheet can be accessed in the Forum Quiz, as long as they are tagged "Official Guide" or something similar on the site. There may be a few discrepancies in tags, but in general, broad categories such as comparisons should align well. Feel free to practice using whichever method you like.

Good luck with your studies.

- Andrew
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
AndrewN wrote:
Hello, everyone, and Happy New Year. I have been working doggedly for the past few months to collate all the SC questions—870 in sum—that have appeared in official guides past and present and put them in one spreadsheet. Where the source was lacking in specificity—e.g., "1000 Series," "Official Guide [Pre-2000]," or, simply, "Official Guide"—I made a note. I also categorized (tagged) every question based on my own observations while I was practicing. Yes, I attempted each question, sometimes first thing in the morning, sometimes after a long day of work. (I tended to get sloppier in those later sessions, but excuses, excuses...) In case you are curious, or if you are the competitive type, the following are my stats. If you want to take up a challenge and beat the Expert, by all means, have a go. I would like to read about your experience, maybe down below or in a debrief. (I simply worked from top to bottom, but the beauty of a spreadsheet lies in its customizability.)

• Easy/Low: 392/396 (99.0% accuracy), average 0:35/question
  • Medium: 277/287 (96.5% accuracy), average 0:48/question
  • Hard: 173/187 (92.5% accuracy), average 0:57/question
  • Longest streak on spreadsheet: 143 questions
  • Second longest streak: 139 questions

I created the spreadsheet as a Google Sheet, but I am uploading it as an Excel sheet. There is nothing fancy or automated. I not only lack the technical knowhow, I also find it useful to spend a little extra time adding notes or comments on questions, whether I get them correct or not.

Attachment:
SC OG Question Set.xlsx

As always, good luck with your studies.

- Andrew

Hi AndrewN - I am yet to take official practice test 4-6 - Does this include any questions from that? Just want to check. I want to avoid getting an inflated score
Director
Director
Affiliations: CFA Institute; ICAI; BCAS
Own Kudos [?]: 554 [0]
Given Kudos: 694
WE 2: EA to CFO (Consumer Products)
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi AndrewN

Your signature line mentions 884 SC ques. However, the uploaded Excel spreadsheet has 870 SC ques. Pls reconcile the diff b/w 14 SC ques.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 294
Send PM
AndrewN
Thank you for this great effort.
I want to attempt all of the SC questions as a quiz here. But i am not sure how to do it.

I tried by bookmarking few of these questions and then on the quiz, attempting only "bookmarked" questions. But, i don't see it as a very viable approach.

Can you please help me for the same.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
apollo1969 wrote:
AndrewN
Thank you for this great effort.
I want to attempt all of the SC questions as a quiz here. But i am not sure how to do it.

I tried by bookmarking few of these questions and then on the quiz, attempting only "bookmarked" questions. But, i don't see it as a very viable approach.

Can you please help me for the same.

Is there a reason you can't use the drop down for sources and choose the source you want there?
Otherwise, if you want pretty specific questions, I think you would do it just one by one or however you want (or open the book and just pick proper question numbers)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 294
Send PM
Hi bb ,

The reason that I want to attempt these questions only is because here the number of questions are very specific and it takes you to a state of mind where you know exactly what goal is to be achieved (884 SC questions here). Although drop down option in GC Quiz is really good and i have been using it since long, i work better by making small small achievable goals.

Any guidance on this will be appreciated. Thanks

You might find it funny but i have tried using Python and Selenium software to automatically bookmark all questions present in this excel file but was not successful (stuck in finding "button id" for bookmark button :-P)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13961 posts