Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 560 Q40 V27
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6860 [0]
Given Kudos: 500
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 560 Q40 V27
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Looking for OG 2009 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi POOJAGUPTA6182,

To start, there are plenty of more-recent sources for Official practice questions, so you don't have to go all the way back to the OG2009 to find additional practice content. It's also worth noting that while the OG books are great sources for practice questions, they're not designed to teach you Tactics, patterns or the little 'secrets' behind the GMAT - for those, you'll need Course-oriented materials. I bring this up because I see a Score listed in your profile; if that's an Official GMAT Score - and you're looking to score significantly higher - than you'll almost certainly need more than an older OG to get to the point that you can consistently score at a higher level.

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) Have you taken the Official GMAT? If so, then when (and how did you score - including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores?)?
2) How long have you studied in total? How many hours do you typically study each week?
3) Have you used any other study materials besides the OG22? What “brands” of CATs/mocks have you used?
4) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
5) What is your overall goal score?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6860 [0]
Given Kudos: 500
Expert Reply
POOJAGUPTA6182 wrote:
Hey,
Thanks for your reply. I am just looking for some extra official practice for verbal. I read a debrief that suggested OG 2016 and OG 2009 for the same. I have already finished OG 2022.

Do you have any better suggestions for the same?

Hello again, POOJAGUPTA6182. If you have finished an entire OG, then you have to be careful of falling into the mindset that completing more and more questions will necessarily make you better at answering them. This is a common misconception that typically serves no real purpose other than to reinforce poor test-taking habits. I agree with Rich that the official guides do not really teach someone how to approach questions. I am a proponent of the GMAT Ninja CR, RC, and SC collections (found in the signature of any post by GMATNinja). These resources are free, and they do a great job explaining how to get to the heart of the matter, whether you prefer to read such information or listen to it in YouTube format. That said, if you are dying to get your hands on more practice questions, you can either check out the download links in my own signature or use the Practice Question Banks to filter a search using whichever parameters you wish (including OG 2016 or OG 12).

- Andrew
GMAT Club Bot