Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: What is my current Quant score? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Got it. It’s great you solve the questions. I think your range can potentially be extended up to 47 or 48 but I would recommend to you to a higher so you have a bit of a safety margin. Otherwise, if our calculations were wrong for some reason or you don’t have a great performance on the test day, you’ll miss your target score by a tiny bit and waste 250 or $300 for the test. No reason to waste money or go through the stressful test experience multiple times if you can knock it out in a single take

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Hi. Obviously I have a bias towards GMAT Club Tests and no scoring is perfect but I feel like GMAT Club Tests have landed perfectly between your Manhattan score and your GMAT prep score 😂

Getting even a handful of questions that are familiar can have a meaningful impact on your score. This may be from saving time or getting more confident or variety of other reasons. Theoretically, seeing repeat questions should be downplayed by the adaptive algorithm but getting extra time is a tangible benefit that the adaptive algorithm cannot account for. You could minimize the impact of repeat questions by making sure that you spend two minutes on that question and you don’t get the time benefit from it.

Several people did report over the years that the Manhattan Quant side of things tends to be more rigorous and more demanding than the official GMAT and so your Q 40 can probably translate into a higher score on the test day, potentially Q 44.

Keep in mind that there is a variance in all tests including official and unofficial and that your scores can fluctuate by a few points here and there. It depends on the material tested as well as your personal performance. I would guess you were between 44 and 46 now. 🤷‍♂️

My best guess. For what it’s worth.

PS. GMAT Club tests have tricky and challenging questions but our scoring algorithm adjusts for that

Also, I wanted to mention that I am based in WA too! Currently a junior at UW Seattle :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Got it. It’s great you solve the questions. I think your range can potentially be extended up to 47 or 48 but I would recommend to you to a higher so you have a bit of a safety margin. Otherwise, if our calculations were wrong for some reason or you don’t have a great performance on the test day, you’ll miss your target score by a tiny bit and waste 250 or $300 for the test. No reason to waste money or go through the stressful test experience multiple times if you can knock it out in a single take

I don't have a hard deadline (although it would be great to just end this phase of my application), so yes I will keep working on it. Thanks BB!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22054 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi amishag,

How many official practice tests do you have left to take?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi amishag,

Hi Scott! Nice to hear from you.

I have never taken any of the 3-6 practice tests. So, I have 4 official practice tests to take.

-A
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Small world! 😂
You have some time and unless you are an English or marketing major you should push to get way past the Q44. As a college junior you are still young and that high school math and SAT math should not be too far behind you.

Your mind is also younger sure to be soaking things up better. Cinderella start and there won’t be a reason to be going outside or getting distracted 😂

amishag wrote:
bb wrote:
Hi. Obviously I have a bias towards GMAT Club Tests and no scoring is perfect but I feel like GMAT Club Tests have landed perfectly between your Manhattan score and your GMAT prep score 😂

Getting even a handful of questions that are familiar can have a meaningful impact on your score. This may be from saving time or getting more confident or variety of other reasons. Theoretically, seeing repeat questions should be downplayed by the adaptive algorithm but getting extra time is a tangible benefit that the adaptive algorithm cannot account for. You could minimize the impact of repeat questions by making sure that you spend two minutes on that question and you don’t get the time benefit from it.

Several people did report over the years that the Manhattan Quant side of things tends to be more rigorous and more demanding than the official GMAT and so your Q 40 can probably translate into a higher score on the test day, potentially Q 44.

Keep in mind that there is a variance in all tests including official and unofficial and that your scores can fluctuate by a few points here and there. It depends on the material tested as well as your personal performance. I would guess you were between 44 and 46 now. 🤷‍♂️

PS. GMAT Club tests have tricky and challenging questions but our scoring algorithm adjusts for that

Also, I wanted to mention that I am based in WA too! Currently a junior at UW Seattle :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What is my current Quant score? [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Small world! 😂
You have some time and unless you are an English or marketing major you should push to get way past the Q44. As a college junior you are still young and that high school math and SAT math should not be too far behind you.

Your mind is also younger sure to be soaking things up better. Cinderella start and there won’t be a reason to be going outside or getting distracted 😂

amishag wrote:
bb wrote:

Haha! I am an engineering major :cool:
So, no I am NOT giving up at Q44. Q47 is the lowest acceptable score. I am very headstrong about it. Since for the SAT, I started at a really low math score (450/800) but after 4 attempts and 2+ years of on-and-off prep I ended up with a 770.
Yes, the SAT math is still pretty fresh, and being in college I do have an agile mind. This is one of the reasons I wanted to get the GMAT out of the way so soon. Making the best use of my summer break! If there is anything good about my situation, it is that I have time.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
I am having a little difficulty understanding what my current quant score out 51 would be if I were to take the official test today.

Official Mocks are the best representation of an actual exam. There are only 6 so you may want to use them carefully.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22054 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
amishag wrote:
Hi amishag,

I have never taken any of the 3-6 practice tests. So, I have 4 official practice tests to take.

-A

Perfect. When do you plan to take the rest of those?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
amishag wrote:
Hi amishag,

-A

Perfect. When do you plan to take the rest of those?

Hi Scott,

I finally made up my mind and took practice test 3. I ended up with a 680 (Q47, V37). This was under accurate testing conditions (no pausing, mobile phone usage, using a whiteboard etc.). So I guess even after seeing some questions, the results from previous retakes were pretty accurate. However, I am really suspicious about the Q47 since I saw very few hard questions. I did make some errors that I could have easily avoided. That is probably why I did not see as many hard questions (8 incorrect questions). I did spend 3 min 54 sec on 2 questions each (https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-decimal- ... 60400.html and https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-operatio ... 06495.html) due to good time management and because I found them to be a little too tricky even though they are rated at 600-700 level (what does that say about me?). But I still found a Q47 to be rather inflated. Are these results believable or am I just underestimating myself?
GMAT Club Bot