Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 191
Schools: NUS '25 (A)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 29942 [1]
Given Kudos: 799
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V48
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: Ways to ensure a good sleep before test day [#permalink]
Expert Reply
EllaWoodMN wrote:

2. To ensure a good night sleep
2.1 improve diets & walking exercise daily
2.2 relax before D-day - no reviewing materials & no practicing (need advise whether it’s actually a good thing to do)
2.3 wake up extra early the morning of the day before test day (like 4am) so on the night before the test day, I’ll be extra sleepy and easily fall asleep. (To me this could be effective, but I’m not sure the effects of it on my performance on d-day)

Posted from my mobile device

I do think that 2.1 and 2.2 could be very effective, but do you currently walk daily or is this something you JUST plan to do in the days leading up to your GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
EllaWoodMN wrote:

2.2 relax before D-day - no reviewing materials & no practicing (need advise whether it’s actually a good thing to do)
2.3 wake up extra early the morning of the day before test day (like 4am) so on the night before the test day, I’ll be extra sleepy and easily fall asleep. (To me this could be effective, but I’m not sure the effects of it on my performance on d-day)

I do think that 2.1 and 2.2 could be very effective, but do you currently walk daily or is this something you JUST plan to do in the days leading up to your GMAT?

Hi Scott,

I usually walk daily, but I've been walking less from 1hr to 15 mins so that I can spend more time on GMAT study.
To compensate for that 45mins, today I decided to start running.. but I'm not a fit person, so my running bout can only last around 15 minutes.

But on D-1 I plan to run and walk and run and walk (maybe 1-1.5 hrs) + doing housework and yardwork ..just to keep my mind off of GMAT and increase the chance of having a good sleep. Please let me know if u would suggest otherwise or if u have something interesting I should add to my D-1 activities. Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
If you're having trouble sleeping the night before an exam and feeling anxious as a result, try practicing these breathing exercises. Breathing exercises are useful for falling asleep because they focus your mind just on breathing and train you to breathe more deeply, as you do while you are sleeping.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks everyone. I’ll update the result here when it’s done.

Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
EllaWoodMN wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
EllaWoodMN wrote:

Hi Scott,

I usually walk daily, but I've been walking less from 1hr to 15 mins so that I can spend more time on GMAT study.
To compensate for that 45mins, today I decided to start running.. but I'm not a fit person, so my running bout can only last around 15 minutes.

But on D-1 I plan to run and walk and run and walk (maybe 1-1.5 hrs) + doing housework and yardwork ..just to keep my mind off of GMAT and increase the chance of having a good sleep. Please let me know if u would suggest otherwise or if u have something interesting I should add to my D-1 activities. Thank you!

I think your plan works! Just don't overdo it.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37316 posts