Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:47 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Id look out for yourself first. If you think theres even a remote chance of him saying "get out" ... I'd give him 2 to 3 weeks notice.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ok Well, I don't think there is a likely chance for "get out now".
But along the same lines, I was thinking I could give more notice (say 1 month) to be nice and courteous.

But what if they say "oh how nice of you, we only need 2 weeks, see ya" then I'd be short 1 pay check. which I most likely need to cover my vacation plans :P

One more thing I should mention, our company just announced that we will cut $500MM in spending this year, which means there will be many layoffs. Tho I doubt I would be lucky enough be chosen for a layoff.... it would be PERFECT to get a 1 or 2 month severance right now 8-)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
fluffydot wrote:
ok Well, I don't think there is a likely chance for "get out now".
But along the same lines, I was thinking I could give more notice (say 1 month) to be nice and courteous.

But what if they say "oh how nice of you, we only need 2 weeks, see ya" then I'd be short 1 pay check. which I most likely need to cover my vacation plans :P

One more thing I should mention, our company just announced that we will cut $500MM in spending this year, which means there will be many layoffs. Tho I doubt I would be lucky enough be chosen for a layoff.... it would be PERFECT to get a 1 or 2 month severance right now 8-)

If you want to get fired, you can :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am planning on telling my boss when I am leaving as soon as I pick a school that accepts me next year. They wont be letting me go and by giving them a lot of notice I will be able to train up a co-work on my areas of expertise. The people I work with are great overall so I am not going to screw them over by only giving two weeks of notice and dropping all my work in someones lap. Most likely I will attempt to get ahead on my work too...I know how pissed I have been in the past when people have left me with all their work even if its just for a vacation. After figuring out my saved up vacation I will probably leave about a month before the start date of school, which is about how much time I should have saved up. I would rather not miss the paycheck by quitting early but I wouldn't have to worry about health insurance since I am on my wifes.

As to the person who thinks they may get fired...that seems like something straight out of the Office if your boss would do that. Remember when the two branches merged and Tony was trying to quit but Michael fired him. Jan then called up and yelled at Michael cause now they had to give Tony severance.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
This is exactly what I do these days!
Attachments

image002.jpg
image002.jpg [ 20.33 KiB | Viewed 1246 times ]

image001.jpg
image001.jpg [ 23.99 KiB | Viewed 1232 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i'm not matriculating in fall 2007 (aiming for fall 2008). but i do plan on quitting sometime in may before school. then i'm going to travel, travel, travel - possible locations include egypt/jordan and china/tibet. of course this'll put a dent in my wallet, but hey - life is too short! :-D
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4