Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:57 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [6]
Given Kudos: 122
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [2]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4655 [2]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: 2nd GMAT Official Practice Test [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Swagatalaxmi wrote:
­I finished the TTP course and gave my first official Practice test and scored 645 (Q77V90D79) with a lot of challenges in careless errors, time and anxiety management. I gave the Second Practice test after a week of doing a lot of timed practices and followed the time strategy given on the forum by bb - https://gmatclub.com/forum/timing-strat ... l#p3370101 (Super helpful!) ...the score remained the same 645 but with a lot of differences in the individual section scores (Q84V82D80).

­Hi Swagatalaxmi,

I think your second test was actually better than your first. Getting a V90 (100%!) is great, but I'd take higher scores in the other sections any day. Also, the total score is what really matters, and one week is probably not enough to see major changes to high scores like 645 (89%).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
AjiteshArun wrote:
Swagatalaxmi wrote:
­I finished the TTP course and gave my first official Practice test and scored 645 (Q77V90D79) with a lot of challenges in careless errors, time and anxiety management. I gave the Second Practice test after a week of doing a lot of timed practices and followed the time strategy given on the forum by bb - https://gmatclub.com/forum/timing-strat ... l#p3370101 (Super helpful!) ...the score remained the same 645 but with a lot of differences in the individual section scores (Q84V82D80).

­Hi Swagatalaxmi,

I think your second test was actually better than your first. Getting a V90 (100%!) is great, but I'd take higher scores in the other sections any day. Also, the total score is what really matters, and one week is probably not enough to see major changes to high scores like 645 (89%).

­Oh ya! I find Verbal scores more volatile than Quant or DI, so ya replicating a V90 in the second test was gonna be tough anyway! Yes I felt it was progress in the right direction as well since my Quant score really improved cos I was able to mostly eliminate careless errors. 

Thank you sooo much for saying that one week is not enough to see major changes! I was feeling so disheartened but now I am feeling more motivated to keep at my practice and then hopefully see changes in a few weeks!! 
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4655 [2]
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Swagatalaxmi wrote:
­Oh ya! I find Verbal scores more volatile than Quant or DI, so ya replicating a V90 in the second test was gonna be tough anyway! Yes I felt it was progress in the right direction as well since my Quant score really improved cos I was able to mostly eliminate careless errors. 

Thank you sooo much for saying that one week is not enough to see major changes! I was feeling so disheartened but now I am feeling more motivated to keep at my practice and then hopefully see changes in a few weeks!! 

Absolutely, keep at it. You're starting at a score (645) that many test takers would be happy to get by the end of their prep. :)

All the best.­
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
AjiteshArun wrote:
Swagatalaxmi wrote:

Absolutely, keep at it. You're starting at a score (645) that many test takers would be happy to get by the end of their prep. :)

All the best.­

­Oh wow, that's really encouraging! Thanky you! I will keep working in a focussed manner!
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22066 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
­Hi Swagatalaxmi,

645 is a very nice start. Feel free to reach out to us on live chat, and we can send over an additional study plan that you can follow. 
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
­Hi Swagatalaxmi,

645 is a very nice start. Feel free to reach out to us on live chat, and we can send over an additional study plan that you can follow. 

­Hello Scott, Jeffrey has already sent me the additional study plan! Maybe I am being too impatient about my progress..for now I will just follow the plan and see if any positive progress happens in the  next few weeks
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22066 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
­Hi Swagatalaxmi

Good idea. Stick with the plan and see how you do. 
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
2nd GMAT Official Practice Test [#permalink]
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
­Hi Swagatalaxmi

Good idea. Stick with the plan and see how you do. 

­I am very happy to tell you, Scott, that on my 3rd Practice test, my score is now 715! (Q88V86DI82)
So the study plan and practice questions seem to be working right!­ Will update with my progress going forward!­
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4655 [1]
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Swagatalaxmi wrote:
­I am very happy to tell you, Scott, that on my 3rd Practice test, my score is now 715! (Q88V86DI82)
So the study plan and practice questions seem to be working right!­ Will update with my progress going forward!­

­You're now at a score that most instructors would be happy to get. ;)

Good stuff, keep it up.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
AjiteshArun wrote:
Swagatalaxmi wrote:

­You're now at a score that most instructors would be happy to get. ;)

Good stuff, keep it up.

­Hehe thank you! I hope in the next few mocks, I don't drop too much from this score and atleast remain within the 95th percentile...thank you for your kind encouragement!
GMAT Club Bot