Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 10:27 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 10:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 48
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 799 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Focus Edition 635 Debrief - 29th Dec 2023 [#permalink]
Thank you for the suggestions.
I seem to constantly struggle with assumption questions; I am familiar with the negation technique but not at all comfortable in applying it so I can start there.

I don't have a lot of knowledge on how certain types of problems "work" so I'd have to look into those as well.

With regards to Quant, I'm kind of lost... The ESR says Ratios are my weakness to I guess I can start there.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4655 [1]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: GMAT Focus Edition 635 Debrief - 29th Dec 2023 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
chrawna wrote:
Thank you for the suggestions.
I seem to constantly struggle with assumption questions; I am familiar with the negation technique but not at all comfortable in applying it so I can start there.

I don't have a lot of knowledge on how certain types of problems "work" so I'd have to look into those as well.

With regards to Quant, I'm kind of lost... The ESR says Ratios are my weakness to I guess I can start there.

Hi chrawna,

If you're looking for a session on assumption questions, you could go through this one.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
AjiteshArun wrote:
Hi chrawna,

If you're looking for a session on assumption questions, you could go through this one

Much appreciated! Will definitely have a look.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22071 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi chrawna,

Here are some answers:

1. On the official mock exams, do the questions on the traditional GMAT mock and the GMAT Focus Edition mock come from the same pool? If they were, (although I did not recognize the problems) this would render the 725 score totally invalid.

The questions come from a different pool. So, I think your 725 is valid!

2. Per the ESR, my primary weakness in Verbal is inference questions and plan/construct. How do I address this in a short period of time?

I would not take such a granular approach to your CR prep due to the small sample size on your ESR. I would practice all critical reasoning, not just the weak topics listed on the ESR.

3. What are the chances that I got unlucky in the actual exam? As stated above, the Quantitative and Data Insights sections felt significantly more difficult than the mock. Is 725 the fluke or 635 the fluke? Even if I can score a 675 or a 685 which is somewhere midway between the two scores, this would be a marginal improvement from my 730 in terms of percentile.

You certainly could have just had a bad day on test-day. But I also suggest taking the remaining official GMAC practice exams before your retake.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 476
Send PM
Where can we find Plan / Construct CR questions? I do not see the tag nor any question bank.
It is where I perform the worst in Verabl and would love to practice­ to get better. Does anyone know? Really appreciated :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4655 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
ruis wrote:
Where can we find Plan / Construct CR questions? I do not see the tag nor any question bank.
It is where I perform the worst in Verabl and would love to practice­ to get better. Does anyone know? Really appreciated :)

­Hi ruis,

The CR categories are extremely broad, so they may not be very helpful. Also, 55 is quite close to 43, so I'd actually recommend that you work on CR/verbal more generally.

Also, was this just one test, or do you see a pattern across multiple practice tests?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 476
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
ruis wrote:

­Hi ruis,

The CR categories are extremely broad, so they may not be very helpful. Also, 55 is quite close to 43, so I'd actually recommend that you work on CR/verbal more generally.

Also, was this just one test, or do you see a pattern across multiple practice tests?

­Hi! It is a pattern I see in all my practice tests. I have other areas of improvement but plan / construct was the first area I was planning to tackle. Then inferred ideas as I had the greatest SD there...

Table with Percentiles
 ­
@MartyMurray @GMATNinja @KarishmaB any recomendations? I am taking an official exam on Monday :)
 ­
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts