Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
For many of us here english is our second language. There is definitely room to improve verbal. How did you find the question in OG? Did you get 80%+ of CR and SC correct? Did you understand the last 50 math PS questions and 100 last DS questions? I would not see the reason for such a score for a first attempt if you are saying that it went fine... There must certainly be something that was not right... Was it a timing issue? Stress? Those are just as equally important skills you must work on to pump a good score.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: arco test [#permalink]
Expert Reply
wing wrote:
I found this website just a few weeks before I took the GMAT. Here is my big problem. I went thru all questions on ETS and take Arco cat test 5 times just a week before the final GMAT day. All the while I got 580-600 on all 5 Arco test. On GMAT I score only 400 something, not ot mention my greatest shock. Is there anyway I can improve my score ? I was completely depressed after my exam. Some ppl have told me that Arco predicts pretty close but it prove wrong to me. But my quesion now is how I can improve ? I think I want to re-take the test in 7 weeks time. By the way what is "OG" that ppl are refering to in their post ?

Wing, I would also get some Kaplan materials.
I believe the forum here generally agrees that Baron's and Arco are not the finest and most essential materials.

The best predictor for the test is PP (powerprep) the software released by ETS.

The reason ARCO gave you 200+ points above your final score is that the question difficulty is different and scoring algorithms are not the same either. ETS keeps their methodology secret and no prpe company can or may replicate it. I would stick to the generally acknowledged materials - OG, Kaplan, PR, PP.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
think positive:) [#permalink]
Wing, I am also in the same situation as yours. I need at least 200 points to make it to the MBA program that I really want. I always log in everyday to gmat club to help me think positive and be on track. I just take things slowly and I try to master every material that I have. I hope that things would work out well for my next test. I have not scheduled my next exam but I will schedule it once I see the score that I want from my practice test. You can definitely send me messages or email if you want support. kathswanson@yahoo.com
I think the key to success is to never give up.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: think positive:) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
kath wrote:
Wing, I am also in the same situation as yours. I need at least 200 points to make it to the MBA program that I really want. I always log in everyday to gmat club to help me think positive and be on track. I just take things slowly and I try to master every material that I have. I hope that things would work out well for my next test. I have not scheduled my next exam but I will schedule it once I see the score that I want from my practice test. You can definitely send me messages or email if you want support. kathswanson@yahoo.com
I think the key to success is to never give up.

We will try to live up to the expectations. I am slowly posting some book reviews on the site; I think they will be helpful picking materials and just sharing what YOU thought about the books. You always learn more when you TEACH or critisize something.

https://www.gmatclub.com/content/resourc ... y(%2Fbooks)&browse()
GMAT Club Bot
Re: think positive:) [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts