Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 23:05 It is currently 01 May 2024, 23:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Rory wrote:
I like to tabulate all the question numbers and the answer choices as it helps in POE. Thanks for the reply.

yup, I plan on doing the same thing. This is also helpful for the math portion getting rid of the silly answers and POE on DS questions.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would strongly urge you to take the break. It takes less than 2-3 seconds to write down "ABCDE" for the question while you're reading it. The break really helps clear your mind and get you mentally ready for the next section. Of course, everyone's different, so if you don't need the break, then more power to you. =)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
mba2010 wrote:
The noteboard is eraseable, but not by you. If you run out of space on your pad, you raise your hand and the procter (proctor?) will give you a new one.

You are not required to take your 10 minute break and you are allowed to stay in the room during your break to plot whatever you need to.

Out of curiousity, what planning is there to do for the verbal section?

You shouldn't run out of space. There was plenty for me, although I did not use the note board for verbal as I do that all mentally. It should be plenty of space for the Quant section. If you are paranoid just swap it out during the breaks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kryzak, I intend to take the breaks. My question was whether I could use a few minutes of my break to tabulate the answer choices at my desk and then leave the room.

anonymousegmat, how many sheets does the noteboard have?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Rory wrote:
Kryzak, I intend to take the breaks. My question was whether I could use a few minutes of my break to tabulate the answer choices at my desk and then leave the room.

anonymousegmat, how many sheets does the noteboard have?

it was five legal sized sheets... although the first page had GMAC crap on it, so in total you have nine faces.

I practiced on a similar board that i bought off gettingtogradschool.com. the actual one on the GMAT was larger. trust me, i know you are paranoid about the boards and everything (i was too!) but seriously you will be fine. I had SOOOO much extra space!! the only thing is make sure the pen works when you sit down... i went out and bought the actual pens they use
too (staedtler lumocolor) for my practice CATs and the tip can get broken after normal use. on my test day my tip was broken and it caused the marker to write sloppily. i just swapped it out after the AWA.

i spent so much time practicing on a board --- dividing each page into two sections etc... doing problems as neatly as possible in a small space-- it was all pointless IMHO because I had plenty of room to write on test day.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
I second... I use a LOT of paper when I do CATs at home, but I didn't even use up 5 or 6 faces of the book... Just keep the pen cap closed for as long as you can to save the ink from drying out.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37341 posts