Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 17:24 It is currently 01 May 2024, 17:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72968 [0]
Given Kudos: 18901
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1540 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
If you already have a solid foundation in math (48+), you may want to buy their material to break into the 50Q area. If you are just starting to learn GMAT math, just stick with PR or Kaplan as they are cheaper and very effective to teach the basics. I understand the high cost but if you do have the means, you should seriously consider buying it. In my opinion, I would buy it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the reply. Everyone seems to say their math is really good...should I just buy their math books? They sell all seven books separately for $26 or soemthing like that...

Paul, did you buy the books?>
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
I did not buy it yet but I can tell you that I will this summer. My advice may be biased though :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
And why exactly are you biased? Do you know an instructor there? Have you seen their books? I can't even ascertain how many pages they are or what I'm getting for $150...
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, we all know Akhamai as a MGMAT instructor. What I meant was that you are relying on only 1 opinion and that I haven't even bought the material myself. However, it's just my personal conviction that MGMAT materials should be oustanding for fine tuning your skills.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I've bought Manhatten Verbal book. It doesn't worth spending. All stuff is bacis and based on OG. About math have no idea. :roll:
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Boksana, thank you for your input. I really meant for the math as well. The verbal I would not buy unless they sell it as a bundle with the math section. I believe the OG verbal and LSAT verbal are more than enough for verbal. I would buy their CAT though or buy the access to their database.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, $26 X 7 = $182 and they sell all 7 books together for $149...hmmm. Dunno what to do.

Also, I wouldn't buy their cat's. It has been said on this forum that their cat cd is nothing but the arco cd under their own brand name. You can find the arco cd & book for much less than $40 at amazon
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I purchased the full set of Manhattan GMAT books on the recommendation of a friend. The set consists of 5 math workbooks and 2 verbal workbooks. The workbooks each contain around 8 chapters drilling down into various topics. Each chapter has a problem set of 15 non-OG questions that reinforce what you just learned. The workbooks also include OG problem sets. It gives you a pretty good workout.

I've gone through all the math workbooks, and I am just finishing the verbal workbook on sentence correction. My experience has been quite good, particularly with the math books. As someone mentioned, the math is at the higher end of the scale. If you need to review the fundamentals, start with one of the Kaplan or PR books.

I recently took the GMAT but ended up canceling my score, and I have found that quite a few of the example problems in the workbooks are similar to the actual problems I encountered on the test. In fact, I was shocked to find one that was exactly the same.

The entire set is expensive (around $150), but I think it's worth the price. If I had used these my first go around, I wouldn't have had to cancel my score (at a price of $250). Some GMAT prep books are likely to be the cheapest part of your MBA experience.

Hope this helps!

G
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]