Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:12 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
 Q51  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have a friend who went to Supply Chain at Michigan State. Currently works as financial analyst for a manufacturing company. This is his second job. First one was not very good as per him, he also said that he had to take that because they were the only one sponsoring his visa at that time.

Assuming you are in India, I would add something here. I have been in US for 4 years now, originally from India. Remember that visa is becoming a very tough issue here. We can discuss pros and cons separately in PM or over phone but I would strongly recommend IIM's or ISB's over schools that are not top 15 in the US. Specially when you are coming here on visa. Reason is, and I am telling you based on a sample size of 25-30 people who were not extraordinary otherwise, that jobs you get in India after IIM or ISB are more managerial kind of job, where you would actually manage a significant number of people. Jobs you get from non top-15 schools in US, that too while on a visa, may have *some* more money, but no where close to the job responsibilities and capacity in which you will work as an IIM or ISB MBA while in india.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am currently in the US.

As a matter of fact, I'm in east lansing........

My wife goes to MSU......She'll be there the next 2 years....So MSU is an automatic choice.......................

Besides the supply chain program is really good at MSU.......I cant even think of an equivalent of a supply chain MBA in India...............None exists actually..........

So thats my criteria..................

As for Visas, things could get worse or better depending on who wins the presidential election...................

I am not so finicky about taking up a job in the States.As long as me and my wife can find jobs we both like anywhere, I am open to working anywhere in the world.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
 Q51  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
[quote="ashish.mahendra"]

Besides the supply chain program is really good at MSU.......I cant even think of an equivalent of a supply chain MBA in India...............None exists actually..........

As for Visas, things could get worse or better depending on who wins the presidential election...................

[quote]

Visa condition be better or worse, in both cases companies take advantage of the fact that you need sponsorship.

As for an equivalent program, there might be none in supply chain in India. So if you are specific about studying SCM, this is your course.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yesterday I received confirmation from MSU and they offered me final admission. I am not very much concerned about getting a job in US. For me the most important aspect of the MBA is the learning you are taking from the school during 2 years. I am pretty sure considering the student profile of ISB and IIM that majority will be from IT background (100% of them are Indian). What do you expect to learn from them who are having the same work ex as you (I am from IT back ground). Currently I am in US for last 3 1/2 years. and I believe MUS is very well known for it's collaboative leadership style. I am still waiting for Purdue and HKUST. But If I would be happy to join MSU in Next Fall.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan State-Broad Applicants [#permalink]
Has anyone gone on a MSU interview yet? i just got offered an interview there and I want to know what to expect.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have been admitted to the MSU too.

Ayan, do you intend to attend MSU? If so, let me know, we should get in touch, pm me.

Ashish, katgirl82 what is your application status?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I did all my undergrad at MSU, so if anyone has any questions concerning it, I am more than happy to help. Feel free to PM me, or post here!

Just a quick note - I loved my experience at MSU, the facilities are very good, the campus, East Lansing are beautiful! Go Green!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I interviewed with them on Feb 9th. Still waiting for a response. *Crosses fingers* Cichinel, did you apply to round 1 or 2?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
R2 and I got the decision few days ago.

Good luck to you katgirl82
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am in at MSU too.....

Got my admit letter today.

For those admitted, have you received your admit letters??

Also, mine did not have any info on the scholarship/Aid. So I guess I'll have to spend it all............. :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wow.

MSU is giving out admit letters for R2?

not a good sign for me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did the people who were admitted get letters or calls? or both? Ok now i'm freaking out! this is not a good sign for me either if they are already giving out admits for R2. :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For all of you who have received admits, how long after your interview did you get them?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey guys, I am very happy to report that I got a call today from msu and I was accepted! Looking forward to meeting you guys ( the ones that are matriculating ).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
katgirl,

Conrats! Glad to hear you will be a Spartan in the fall. I am sure you'll love East Lansing, MSU is beautiful in the fall!

Go Green!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
katgirl82 wrote:
hey guys, I am very happy to report that I got a call today from msu and I was accepted! Looking forward to meeting you guys ( the ones that are matriculating ).

Congrats katgirl82!

Did they offer you any scholarship/Graduate assistantship/tuition waiver ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes they did offer me some kind of graduate assistantship. I was half awake when they told me so I don't think I fully understood the details. Basically I think if i work for them on campus for 10 hours a week they would offer me like 550 dollars a month (not sure if that's the exact number) and I would pay instate tuition instead of out of state (i'm in california). So that would save me another 7,000 dollars. He also mentioned something about a possible scholarship but I didn't really catch that part. I'm wondering if this GA is something everyone is offered?
GMAT Club Bot