Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 20:50 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 20:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
Schools:Baruch / Zicklin
 V3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I second the San Fran notion. Wonderful city, gorgeous surrounding countryside - you can't go wrong!
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Help me choose a Holiday destination [#permalink]
abhishek.sardana wrote:
How about planning a CRUISE to the CARIBBEAN?

Visa issues -If i leave USA, i need to get my visa stamped at a consulate and that is the last thing i wanna do
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
[#permalink]
Not to mention some amazingly COOL people. Like kryzak, me, mNeo...

uphillclimb wrote:
I second the San Fran notion. Wonderful city, gorgeous surrounding countryside - you can't go wrong!
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
ncprasad wrote:
Not to mention some amazingly COOL people. Like kryzak, me, mNeo...

:lol:

howz the winter there buddy ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would do San Diego/LA and then fly up to SF. You'll waste a lot of time driving and there isn't much to see except for 5 hours of cows and farms.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Las Vegas on Thanksgiving????? If you are interested in a freakshow parade, paying 600 bucks for a room and watching Shamus and fat mamas grinding on the dance floor, head off to Vegas, else stay far far away.....

Go to Vegas on Wed-Thursday but definitely bail out by Friday evening..The whole city gets packed, every Tom Dick and Horny Harry from California, Arizona and Utah comes packing to the clubs, shows... the hookers get audacious and ask for insane prices (if thats ur thing), you have to form a queue at a strip club to get a lap dance, and the shows are all filled with folks from Asia, whiny babies, and our cousins from the Continent who are gleeming with pride coz the dollar is now worth a piss.

If West Coast is ur thing -here's Avi's unbeatable trip deluxe

land in SF.. rent a car... do the usual stuff.. (Muir woods, golden gate, sausalito..lombard street, fisherman's wharf, get mugged and car jacked in Oakland, visit Berkeley and shout Hail to Stanford and scamper off.. repeat the opposite in Stanford)...then drive along Pacfic Coast Highway.. enjoy the beauty and try not to fall off a cliff..see Hearst Castle, Pismo Beach, San Luis Obisbo, Santa Barbara...

Come to mad LA, a.ka, my crib.. do the usual....(riots, rain, fire, Paris Hilton videos, Britney meltdown)...

and go to San Diego.. go to La Jolla, Pacific Beach, Coronado.. .if u have time sneak into Tijuana and have some fun times...

there.. I guess it was a bit too much.. but try to throw in Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Baja and you will be here until New Years...

Enjoy.
and bring ur swim trunks, bikinis, g-strings, flip flops or thongs (Aussie term), a boat load of sunscreen lotion... its blazing hot here..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
SF!! It's the best city in the world! (tho I may be biased since I was born and raised here. ha!) I believe the weather is going to be chilly (as in the 50s), but sunny over Thanksgiving weekend. :)

Las Vegas is a great option too. I went last winter (though not during any holiday), and there's no blistering heat or crowds. Rooms are cheaper. Very few lines. Like SF, it was sunny but chilly.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
California baby! Let me know if you come around, I may be in LA or SF around the Holidays and would love to show you around (with Avi, the pimp :P )

I personally might go on a cruise or somewhere warm between Xmas and New Years... ironic thing is, I'm still on my vacation right now, haha. :lol:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
California baby! Let me know if you come around, I may be in LA or SF around the Holidays and would love to show you around (with Avi, the pimp :P )

I personally might go on a cruise or somewhere warm between Xmas and New Years... ironic thing is, I'm still on my vacation right now, haha. :lol:

sure man...we should have a gmatclub west coast meetup
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:

SF Rules (by far the coolest city in US)- especially that Greatful Dead street where everyone smokes pot openly.

Quick shout out to Pimp man Avi an Pimp in training Kry - dudes me will be down there in late Jan/early Feb........this apping thingee has cost me my girlfriend.........am now counting on the two of you to get me some reasonable deals :)

speaking of SF - what is the deal with Stan.......why is they not sending out any interview invits
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
aviroop wrote:
the hookers get audacious and ask for insane prices (if thats ur thing), ..

Lol

SF is a great city, you'd enjoy your time there. If you want to go somewhere warmer South Beach is always a great choice.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sangoman,

come down here anytime....we will have a gala christmas and a happy new year...hope its happy.. with some admits to schools...else another year penning reapplication essays
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sango, awesome to hear you may be coming here. As for chicks, that's Avi's domain and I dare not challenge him on his expertise. :wink:

Around that time I generally do some ski trips and such in Lake Tahoe, so if you're (or anyone here on GMATClub) is interested, let me know, haha.

Hope to see you and Ozmba sometime!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
would LIKE to meet you guys on holidays - but would LOVE to go to school with you folks. Especially if the school name starts with S an has the alphabets tanford in it as well :)

But irrespective of whether we are classmates or not, I solemnly pledge to make an effort to meet the peeps I have made on this forum.

I know this is the time to be working on R2 apps an not getting sappy abt an online forum, but you guys have been great. Not only with the advise an supportive comments, but to see incredible ppl like you from all over the world, striving for months, really kept me going an believing in the whole apping process.

One big reason why ppl join B-schools is networking .......an I think gmatclub an the ppl I have met here have given me a head start on this. Thanks peeps.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
how are the apps coming oz?

I would definitely recommend the LA-SF drive and a visit to Napa Valley (if wine if your thing)...i did that trip in Aug and absolutely loved it :) specially the weather
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmatmba wrote:
how are the apps coming oz?

I would definitely recommend the LA-SF drive and a visit to Napa Valley (if wine if your thing)...i did that trip in Aug and absolutely loved it :) specially the weather

well...R2 deadlines looming and i am working on my Career goals essays :twisted:
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]