Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Tepper '11
Send PM
Re: I'm tired and angry [#permalink]
On one level the GMAT is a test to see what you know, but on another level it's a test to see how well you can do given a completely arbitrary challenge. Think about the show Apprentice, it's like the Trump (wharton lol) telling you to take a quiz and you only have a certain amount of time to study.

I think many admissions depts figure if you get frustrated and give up on the GMAT and can't step up to do well, then they don't want you in their school. So don't give up.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
Also start by throwing that Kaplan CD with the tests out of the door. They do not reflect actual GMAT questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
To the original poster: How much have you spent studying vs. testing yourself? When I began studying, I did not test myself. I studied for almost four months and tested myself about a week before the test for the first time.

And when I say I studied, I mean I studied. I worked through a Kaplan Geometry book. A Kaplan Algebra book. A PR study guide for gmat math. A Kaplan guide for gmat math. And every single question in the official guide. That was the first 2-3 months. Any problem I missed I marked and tried again later. Like two weeks later.

Then I studied sentence correction. SC is all that I studied for verbal because I am good at logic and read really well. But SC was hard. So for a month, I did those. I did everyone in the OG.

I scored a 710 on my first GMATprep...a 720 on my second and a 730 on the real deal. But I studied my ass off. And I have not been in school in almost a decade. Even when I was I only got a 2.6 gpa.

So my original question stands. How much time have you spent studying vs. testing yourself?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 322 [0]
Send PM
we all went thru this phase... Dont worry!
GMAT Club Bot