Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 16:37 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants [#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
ApolloLuna wrote:
Just got back from the GSB Women in Business Admit Reception and also the TNDC. Hung out with some seriously WAY COOL people (shout out to Kwam, Dabots! Next gclubber I have to meet - the legendary Rhyme. Who else is around this weekend?) I was really impressed with the current students I talked to. Spoke to one on the admissions committee - she said applications are up 30% this year (!!!). If I knew all you R2ers' real names, I woulda put in a good word. Also had a drink with Rose Martinelli at the women's event - that was surreal.

We may have already met. Are you the girl who is interested in VC?

Nope, not me. I'm interesting in entrepreneurship but mostly for my family businesses. I'm also going to be doing a finance concentration, looking to get into corporate finance. Unfortunately, when I went to sign up for Rockit tonight, it was already full! I'll ask kwam or dabots to point you out if you're around tomorrow...?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
ApolloLuna wrote:
rhyme wrote:
ApolloLuna wrote:
Just got back from the GSB Women in Business Admit Reception and also the TNDC. Hung out with some seriously WAY COOL people (shout out to Kwam, Dabots! Next gclubber I have to meet - the legendary Rhyme. Who else is around this weekend?) I was really impressed with the current students I talked to. Spoke to one on the admissions committee - she said applications are up 30% this year (!!!). If I knew all you R2ers' real names, I woulda put in a good word. Also had a drink with Rose Martinelli at the women's event - that was surreal.

We may have already met. Are you the girl who is interested in VC?

Nope, not me. I'm interesting in entrepreneurship but mostly for my family businesses. I'm also going to be doing a finance concentration, looking to get into corporate finance. Unfortunately, when I went to sign up for Rockit tonight, it was already full! I'll ask kwam or dabots to point you out if you're around tomorrow...?

On the off chance you see this, come anyway... there is no such thing as "full" ...
Current Student
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
On the off chance you see this, come anyway... there is no such thing as "full" ...

Rhyme, I ended up at PJ Clarke's and had a great time. I ended up leaving there around 10:30 and then had to go to a friend's birthday party, so I wasn't able to make it over there. I did see your message before I left but timing-wise it just didn't work out for me to make it to Rockit. Plus, I was meeting up with people at PJ Clarke's so they were expecting me.

It suddenly got ridiculously cold and windy!! What's up with that. I was hoping our fair city would warm up just a little as not to scare away our winter-challenged friends. :wink:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
If anyone is still in town and bored, feel free to PM. I hope you all had fun.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
If anyone is still in town and bored, feel free to PM. I hope you all had fun.

I should have seen this message before, but anyway, I was recovering from a hang over either. I'll be going to Blue Chicago and others blues bars for sure!

Tomorrow I'll put what I think about the ad weekend, and the insights I got from it, but right now, only if something really strange happens (like a scholarship either for me or my wife in the "Boston area", or if all Planets align and I get into Stanford) I'm not going to GSB, . Amazing days in Chicago, I'm really excited and it's going to be the longest 6 months of my life.

Good Luck for all 2nd Rounders still on the game.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Kwam, it was great meeting you (and everyone else) in person! It was a fun, informative, and exhausting weekend.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
had a great time, nice to meet some more gmatclubbers. see you guys in the fall!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Great weekend! As I told the guys there, I was somewhat split going in, but by the end of the weekend had put a deposit down on a random walk and bought the gsb hoody (which I'm wearing as I write this). Nice to put faces to the names around here with kwam, dabots, irishfan, rhyme, apolloluna... hope to meet many more of you R2ers that I'm optimistic will get in.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Glad to see all you guys had fun. We will have to have a gmatclub get together since there are going to be so many of us at Kellogg and GSB.

Any interesting tidbits they passed on to you over the weekend? application numbers, gmat scores, how many folks they admitted...all those thing everyone is always curious about.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
I tried to fish for that kind of info myself when I was there. But these Chicago guys (and gals) know how to keep a secret.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Wow, its amazing to see so many people decided to enroll at GSB - kwam, jpjazzman, Irishfan, Dabots....
GSBers do know how to sell their school!
Current Student
Send PM
Actually I did get a tidbit of info. A student on the admissions committee said that applications are up 30% this year. The acceptance rate is somewhere around 25%, and that it's definitely harder for guys to get in (not that we didn't already know that) - women's acceptance rate is estimated to be around 30%. Not sure how concrete the numbers are...probably more of an estimation than anything.

We did get to see some R1 admits' powerpoints - very interesting. There were some very cool ones, but some very basic ones too. It's definitely about the content and what it says about you, not about your design skills.

Also - it was so nice to meet the gmatclubbers. You are a very cool bunch!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
kwam wrote:
Tomorrow I'll put what I think about the ad weekend, and the insights I got from it, but right now, only if something really strange happens (like a scholarship either for me or my wife in the "Boston area", or if all Planets align and I get into Stanford) I'm not going to GSB, .

Glad you had fun kwam! Question, did you mean you WILL go to GSB unless you get scholarship from the other school or get into Stanford? I think that's what you meant, just wanted to make sure.

I hope Stanford accepts you! We need more people here on the West Coast.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton (R1), MIT (R1), Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2)
 Q51  V41
Send PM
my transcript status is still not updated... is anyone else in this boat? I am planning to call them and send by overnight mail if reqd.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
same here bro. My status has not been updated yet. I mailed them the transcripts in early Jan.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
kryzak wrote:
kwam wrote:
Tomorrow I'll put what I think about the ad weekend, and the insights I got from it, but right now, only if something really strange happens (like a scholarship either for me or my wife in the "Boston area", or if all Planets align and I get into Stanford) I'm not going to GSB, .

Glad you had fun kwam! Question, did you mean you WILL go to GSB unless you get scholarship from the other school or get into Stanford? I think that's what you meant, just wanted to make sure.

I hope Stanford accepts you! We need more people here on the West Coast.[/quote

I tried to say that I'm going to GSB, hehehehe, I was still recovering the crazy nights. Right now at Zurich airport waiting for my flight to Lisbon. The guy who flew in my side (swiss one) said that I should go to the school where my heart and stomach tell me (he did his MBA in Glasgow around 10 years ago) and GSB is the school my guts are telling me to go. As I mentioned to many of you personally, once you're in this top 15-25 schools, there's no way to go wrong, the risk is already low.

Weather wise I'd like to go to the west coast, but I REALLY enjoyed everything about GSB except the commuting part, but hey I might as well get used to it, as if I end up in NYC or London after, I'll have to commute anyway. One thing that impressed me in Chicago was how people on the streets were receptive, I wasn't expecting that at a big city.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Nice to hear that everyone had such great experiences!

Now, the final step...we need to indoctrinate you into the happy world of Chicago sports. As I was telling someone (Kwam, I believe) that I'd be more than happy to organize a trip down to South Bend during football season...takers? :-D :twisted:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  100   101   102   103   104  ...  135   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts