Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 09:35 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 297 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Need advice... [#permalink]
I was planning on applying first round. I just started getting worried it might not be good enough, and I really want to go to this school. If I knew I definitely could get better, I would do it right away. But I feel like it would take a class or tutor, which I'm just not sure if I have the time or money for right now. If its the difference between me getting in and not getting in though, I would definitely retake.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi jos05, I have a similar score and would appreciate if you could share the schools you're targeting.. are they in the US/Europe? Also, are you only looking @ MS in finance?

Cheers, VB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I live in Florida, so Florida State, University of South Florida, Florida International University. Not sure about UF(one because my score is a little low-two because I'm finishing up my undergrad and fsu and am a diehard gator hater ). Out of state thinking University of Colorado-denver and trying to figure out another one. And yep, only MSF programs.

Jillian
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Make sure you visit the schools and develop relationships with the admissions offices. Show your interest for that school in particular, both in your communications with them and in your essay. Since your score is about their average, you'll set yourself apart with your GPA and your essay.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Contrary to what most people advise, I'd say go for a retake. Judging by your language and the fact you live in Florida, I conclude that you're a native speaker. Given that, verbal shouldn't be a huge problem. So your problem must be quant. I firmly believe that quant is subject to significant improvement if you put in some time and effort. So, 650+ is quite realistic and should position you much better in the applicant pool.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts