Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Waiting list [#permalink]
From what I understand, LORs are pretty important. Maybe try to get stronger/more academic ones, if at all possible.

Keep in mind I'm only an applicant myself, so take my comments with a grain of salt! :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Richardson wrote:
Thanks so much!!!

My LORs, from my own perspective, were not that strong. The professors who wrote the LORs were well known in the country that I come from, but that would not be the case here in the states. And two more LORs were from business professionals, not from academic sources. So, I presume that mine did not gain much attention from admission committess.
Your suggestion to contact schools is reasonable, I think. I'll approach them and find what would be their replies. Anyway, I would get either no or some comments which I believe would be better help at this time.
Again, thanks so much. Any further input would be appreciated.

Seems like the weakness is with the LOR. I would say
- use as many academic recommenders as possible. no matter how good are the LORs from biz professionals, use them as the last resort (i.e. when you know have sufficient LORs). I think some schools have a policy of having only at most 1 recommendation from non-academic sources.
- the reputation of the recommender is important to certain extent. But what is more important is what is being said in the LOR.

Since now you are doing a program in the US, you should start working towards securing strong LORs.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4384 posts