Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:26 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Accounting/Finance
Schools:Simon '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: CSR and Non-Profit Management
Schools:University of Michigan Erb Institute '12
 Q44  V45
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Accounting/Finance
Schools:Simon '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
I will certainly post a debrief as soon as I get back on Monday. (My wife will yell at me for being on the "nerd forum" again like she did after my class visit and I was posting a debrief) But I've learned so much from reading everyone's posts here it feels good to help out. This is one of the best forums that I've encountered because everyone is very willing to help each other out with this sort of thing.

And I'll second Solaris saying that I'm certainly happy to get the interview call in what is definitely going to be a ridiculously competitive admissions year. All of these articles that everyone is posting are making me really nervous about getting in. 600 apps for round one alone... dang the rest of the rounds are going to be even more nuts! I'm just glad I did my two top choice apps in round 1 where I should have a better shot. I think it helps that Cornell is my number one choice and I made it VERY clear in my essays.

Also it took me a while to get a status change after I submitted as well Solaris. I think that I submitted 9/16 and got an incomplete message on 9/29 or something like that so maybe about two weeks or so is normal?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Congrats you two!

Even though I'm not applying to Cornell, I'm excited to see the whole application thing moving forward!

RF
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Concentration: Consulting, International Business
Schools:Harvard (No Interview), Cornell (Accepted), Duke (Accepted), Northwestern (Dinged)
 Q46  V45
Send PM
No interview invite today. The fretting has started. I mean. Maybe i dont get into b school this year.
Current Student
Send PM
irishspring wrote:
No interview invite today. The fretting has started. I mean. Maybe i dont get into b school this year.

Go read some of the 2008 threads! A bunch of guys got interviews at Ross within a week or two, then the rest almost a month later!

There is often no logic or reason as to when you get an interview.

Relax and enjoy the ride.

RF
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
Schools:Wharton
Send PM
WOOHOO - I got an interview!!

BTW - how much % of the applicants do they interview?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
sterny wrote:
WOOHOO - I got an interview!!

BTW - how much % of the applicants do they interview?

Sterny,
congratulations, thats the first hurdle

This link tells me that in 2007 they interviewed 50% of applicants (of which 50% get accepted)

https://accepted.mbablogs.businessweek.c ... reutg6cw8j
VP
VP
Ouch, just saw a post on BW that states the acceptance rate at Cornell was less than 19% for the Class of 2010. 499 offers made from 2664 applicants, 272 matriculated eventually. Cornell's selectivity is apparently is well within "M7" territory. Or thereabouts.

This is when I start freaking out about not getting into any schools next year. :?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:
Ouch, just saw a post on BW that states the acceptance rate at Cornell was less than 19% for the Class of 2010. 499 offers made from 2664 applicants, 272 matriculated eventually. Cornell's selectivity is apparently is well within "M7" territory. Or thereabouts.

This is when I start freaking out about not getting into any schools next year. :?

Solaris,

what happened to the Soda? I think you should just chill buddy. Your posts indicate that your essays and application package would be top-notch. don't worry (altough I am worrying about my applications too) and get back to chilling out a bit.

- buff
VP
VP
LOL - hey, that only applied to the Columbia thread! I'm not posting there until I have my decision. I didn't say I wasn't going to troll the Cornell and NYU threads [my next two schools]. :-D

Sorry, I have a tendency to get carried away, and a penchant for the dramatic. I'm merely trying to spark some discussion here.

buffdaddy wrote:
solaris1 wrote:

Solaris,

what happened to the Soda? I think you should just chill buddy. Your posts indicate that your essays and application package would be top-notch. don't worry (altough I am worrying about my applications too) and get back to chilling out a bit.

- buff
Current Student
Schools:Harvard (No Interview), Cornell (Accepted), Duke (Accepted), Northwestern (Dinged)
 Q46  V45
Send PM
Im freaking out too solaris. honestly i am really proud of my accomplishments and what i have done. and if its not good enough for a top 15 school, then ill be convinced that b school is not for me. i gave my essays my all and was very honest.

if cornell does not want to interview me, id say im not getting into b school this year. which will be frustrating, very frustrating. but i wont pout, well maybe for a day. ill move on. ill stay strong.
VP
VP
Not to worry, irishspring. There's plenty more interview invites still to come.

There have been people turned down by Cornell and accepted at Harvard, you know [source: Admissions411] so even if your application doesn't quite click at one school, that isn't any indication of your accomplishments not being worthy of pride. What one school might really like about you, might not mean anything at all to another.

I'm completely neurotic about things so I'm the last person who should be telling you this, but you've got to keep perspective.
This ain't the be all end all.

irishspring wrote:
Im freaking out too solaris. honestly i am really proud of my accomplishments and what i have done. and if its not good enough for a top 15 school, then ill be convinced that b school is not for me. i gave my essays my all and was very honest.

if cornell does not want to interview me, id say im not getting into b school this year. which will be frustrating, very frustrating. but i wont pout, well maybe for a day. ill move on. ill stay strong.
Current Student
Send PM
solaris1 wrote:
There have been people turned down by Cornell and accepted at Harvard, you know [source: Admissions411] so even if your application doesn't quite click at one school, that isn't any indication of your accomplishments not being worthy of pride. What one school might really like about you, might not mean anything at all to another.

That is so TRUE! I know two Wharton alums and one of them got rejected at every other school she applied to (all M7s). She had nearly a 4.0 GPA, worked at one of the big 3 consulting firms and went to a prestigious undergrad.

The other one had a great GPA, but from a no-name public school, very little in terms of ECs. She got accepted at Columbia and Wharton. That's it. The other M7 and sub-M7s all dinged her.

They both agree that a lot of whether you get accepted comes down to luck. So do your best, be strategic about where you apply (a good range) and don't worry about it.

Just remember, if you don't put yourself out there, you'll never know what's possible.

RF
Current Student
 Q46  V45
Send PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. I think after 6 months of putting everything I had into this process, and with my applicaitons now out there, Im quick to get frustrated if i dont get an interview invite the first day others are.

You are right. I am confident in what i have done, and do believe i make a great candidate. i got to say strong.
VP
VP
by the way, msday86 how on earth do you not have an interview invite from Cornell yet?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:Ross, Johnson, Tepper, Fisher
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Just thought I would post that I was also invited for an interview today. Am going to interview on November 3rd but must travel from Davenport Iowa. YUCK!!! Best of luck to everyone.
VP
VP
good luck, manbilla! you're flying (I hope)?

edit -- woohoo, 300 post thread!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  72