Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Emory(Goizueta) vs UNC(Kenan-Flager) [#permalink]
refurb wrote:
What do you want to do post-MBA?

I was trying to decide between UNC and UT-Austin and the decision was simple, I wanted to stay in healthcare and UNC has a ton of healthcare companies recruiting there and UT-Austin has none.

RF

Management Consulting.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)
Send PM
Kudos
As far as consulting goes, MBAs from both UNC and Emory would compete for the Atlanta office.
IMO, there isn't a huge difference between the two schools if you want to do consulting. In fact, it might make more sense to go to Emory.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
mba07 wrote:
In fact, it might make more sense to go to Emory.

Any reason for that?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
As I said earlier, Atlanta has a lot of consulting firms. Going to Emory might make networking easier.
I can't say the same of UNC.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:UNC class of 2010
Send PM
I don't know much about Emory but I am a current student at UNC. If you want to be a consultant at a top firm there are tremendous resources available to you at UNC. There is a new initiative to really enhance our numbers in consulting. All the major firms recruit here except BAH, im not sure why they don't but there are plenty of KFBS alums that you could contact to network your way in. You would be impressed by the KFBS mafia as they call it, alums at McK, BCG, Bain etc will work thier butt off to get you an interview if you are qualified, ive seen it happen. Let me know if you have any other questions. They just posted our 2008 employment stats...average salary is now about 96k while consulting was about 113k
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
mbahunter wrote:
I don't know much about Emory but I am a current student at UNC. If you want to be a consultant at a top firm there are tremendous resources available to you at UNC. There is a new initiative to really enhance our numbers in consulting. All the major firms recruit here except BAH, im not sure why they don't but there are plenty of KFBS alums that you could contact to network your way in. You would be impressed by the KFBS mafia as they call it, alums at McK, BCG, Bain etc will work thier butt off to get you an interview if you are qualified, ive seen it happen. Let me know if you have any other questions. They just posted our 2008 employment stats...average salary is now about 96k while consulting was about 113k

hunter,
I dont deny the fact that UNC is a great school and would provide plenty of opportunities.
My statement was based on the fact that he was inclined to stay in Atlanta. In that case, Emory would be a good option as I don't think there will be a huge gap in opportunities between Emory and UNC.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:UNC class of 2010
Send PM
Sorry for the confusion! I was addressing the OP.
GMAT Club Bot