Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 03:17 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg '10
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Director
Director
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Tepper '11
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Re: Thoughts on getting new job after submitting apps? [#permalink]
Kudos
You can inform the school during the interview and how you feel this fits into your long term goals better.
Director
Director
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Thanks for the input guys. One concern I had was the background check (being presumptuous). I didn't want them to think I was currently employed somewhere only to find that it's no longer the case, so I'll be sure to inform them in interviews (more presumptuousness).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
not unless you want to say you got the CEO job..in that case I will call HBS adcom and use some 4 letter explitive to show my gratitude
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [1]
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Huh?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Once you have submitted your applications, I would suggest you hold back on the networking with the school. While keeping in touch with the school’s current students, alumni and admissions committee members might be really beneficial before submitting your application, it can err on the side of annoyance once your application is submitted.
Give the school a chance to reach out to you, and if possible, tell them then. Informing the school during an interview is also a good way to make sure the information is out there, but especially emailing or calling them for the same is not advised.
After submitting your applications, reach out to the school in case you have improved your GMAT score or something significant of those sorts.
Also, did you know about the job switch before submitting the application? a top school admission committee member had reported a few years back that they rejected an applicant, who was more than qualified for their MBA program and was almost accepted, just because they forgot to mention an upcoming promotion. They did so because it showed carelessness. So, decided whether you want to indulge the school with this new information accordingly.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Once you have submitted your applications, I would suggest you hold back on the networking with the school. While keeping in touch with the school’s current students, alumni and admissions committee members might be really beneficial before submitting your application, it can err on the side of annoyance once your application is submitted.
Give the school a chance to reach out to you, and if possible, tell them then. Informing the school during an interview is also a good way to make sure the information is out there, but especially emailing or calling them for the same is not advised.
After submitting your applications, reach out to the school in case you have improved your GMAT score or something significant of those sorts.
Also, did you know about the job switch before submitting the application? a top school admission committee member had reported a few years back that they rejected an applicant, who was more than qualified for their MBA program and was almost accepted, just because they forgot to mention an upcoming promotion. They did so because it showed carelessness. So, decided whether you want to indulge the school with this new information accordingly.
GMAT Club Bot