Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 00:36 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS Class of 2011
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Wharton (R1) Kellogg (R1) Booth (R1)
 Q51  V43
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink]
A quick question about something that has been bothering me.

I interviewed with a second year, James B. (you'll probably guess his last name if you interviewed with him as well). The conversation was very laid back and pleasant. However, I wasn't asked "What will contribute to Wharton?" - it wasn't that we were short on time however because he did look down at his iPhone (which he was using for a clock) to remark that "we are doing fine on time".

Does not getting asked that question imply something? Am I reading too much into this? I figured that that was one of the more important questions so not being asked that seems ominous!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship, Health Care
Schools:Wharton
 Q50  V44
Send PM
davidbrent wrote:
A quick question about something that has been bothering me.

I interviewed with a second year, James B. (you'll probably guess his last name if you interviewed with him as well). The conversation was very laid back and pleasant. However, I wasn't asked "What will contribute to Wharton?" - it wasn't that we were short on time however because he did look down at his iPhone (which he was using for a clock) to remark that "we are doing fine on time".

Does not getting asked that question imply something? Am I reading too much into this? I figured that that was one of the more important questions so not being asked that seems ominous!

Don't overanalyze the interview. It's not productive and will just make your wait interminable.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton, Booth, Stern
 Q49  V42
Send PM
pu2003 wrote:
In general, I think they ought not give the interview too much weight. I think it is so subjective. I knew from the minute I met one of my interviewers (not Wharton interviewer - he was great) that we wouldn't click. It's just one of those things.

IMO the main admitted purpose of the interview is to filter the weirdos (and there are a lot of them). That's why the usually say that an interview won't make you but it can certainly break you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Wharton, Kellogg, MIT
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Random: One week later, the Wharton App is still showing my interview status as "Registered." Does that simply mean that my interviewer hasn't yet submitted the assessment? Further, if the assessment hasn't yet been completed, isn't there a considerable chance that the impressions of me from the interview will not be as vivid?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I guess you should receive some email like this

Your application status will change on the decision release date of March 26, 2009. There will be no intermediate status change, and your status will remain "Invitation to Interview" until the final decisions are released. Please note, you will not be notified that your interview report has been submitted and you should not contact your interviewer to make sure this has been done. We have a system established which ensures that all reports are turned in on time.

So if you confirmed the interview with the system, I think that should be fine. No worry.
Intern
Intern
 Q51  V43
Send PM
AlbertNTN wrote:

Your application status will change on the decision release date of March 26, 2009. There will be no intermediate status change, and your status will remain "Invitation to Interview" until the final decisions are released. Please note, you will not be notified that your interview report has been submitted and you should not contact your interviewer to make sure this has been done. We have a system established which ensures that all reports are turned in on time.

So if you confirmed the interview with the system, I think that should be fine. No worry.

Oh wow - ooops - should I have been looking for this email? Because I certainly didn't receive it. Albert - when did you get this email? After your interview? Presumably after your guy submitted his interview report huh? And did your status on the application page change as well from "Invited to Interview"?

And dp122008 - when did your status change on the application? Mine still says "Invited to Interview" even though I interviewed on Feb 16.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V38
Send PM
davidbrent wrote:
AlbertNTN wrote:

Oh wow - ooops - should I have been looking for this email? Because I certainly didn't receive it. Albert - when did you get this email? After your interview? Presumably after your guy submitted his interview report huh? And did your status on the application page change as well from "Invited to Interview"?

And dp122008 - when did your status change on the application? Mine still says "Invited to Interview" even though I interviewed on Feb 16.

If you go to the Events section when you log on, then click "View Mine," you'll see your interview...your status will be either "Registered" or "Attended." The "Invited to Interview" will not change until final decision.
Intern
Intern
 Q51  V43
Send PM
Thank you for the prompt response. I do see that.

And how about that email - did you receive it?
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V38
Send PM
davidbrent wrote:
Thank you for the prompt response. I do see that.

And how about that email - did you receive it?

Negative on the email.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I received after confirming my interview with the system. Don't worry, should be fine if you have had an interview and registered the interviewer...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
Send PM
i had my interview on Feb 19 and checked my status under my events - it still says registered with (name of the interviewer)...should it change to attended..if yes, should i contact someone in the admission office.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
I also did not have a pleasant alumni interview, although I think I did okay. It was not hostile or anything, but the guy just seemed too stiff and serious, and not very personable. That coupled with my visit to Wharton leaves me with a bad impression of the school and its students. I'd still probably go if admitted (and denied elsewhere), but I'm not all that excited about the school or the city right now.

On the other hand, Chicago has been first class in everything. The visit was very cool, the students very inviting, and the staff professional and helpful. The interviewer was also very nice and laid back, and seemed like someone I'd like to hang out with for 2 years. I really don't know why Wharton is ranked ahead of Chicago, but every experience I have had with the 2 schools puts Chicago way out ahead (experiential learning opps, faculty, alumni, building, city, Wrigley Field, etc etc). Hopefully the interest is mutual, we'll see in 2 weeks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Send PM
when are the results expected to come out?
reading the forum, R1 calls went about 4 days before the actual date

S
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V38
Send PM
sset009 wrote:
when are the results expected to come out?
reading the forum, R1 calls went about 4 days before the actual date

S

Hopefully sometime soon...I just want to know so I can get back to actually focusing on my job (regardless of the decision). Does anyone else still have "Registered" under their interview status? I interviewed on campus 2 weeks ago and mine is still "Registered" and not "Attended."
Current Student
Concentration: General
Schools:Kellogg (ding), Harvard(WL), Wharton
Send PM
I still have registered rather than attended for my alumni interview 2/27. The alum replied to my thank you note the following Monday saying that he had submitted the report so I assume that I am good. It's probably not an issue.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Harvard, Wharton, Texas, MIT, Kellogg
Augh! Why can't Wharton release decision on a Monday?

I am going to have to go the whole week checking my email every 30 seconds, and agonizing over the fact that it could be ANY time up til Thursday!

Good Luck to everyone this upcoming week!
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Looks like decisions may be coming soon...I interviewed R2 and now the Decision letter is gone (the one inviting me for the interview) and next to "Application for Admission" it says "(Deadline Has Passed)"

I guess they're loading up the system and will be notifying on Monday?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63  ...  67   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts