Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Retake Question [#permalink]
Expert Reply
mohater wrote:
dusklife wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere before but I was just looking for a quick clarification as to how often you can retake. From what I've read at mba dot com and a post on this forum, you can only take the GMAT once per calendar month. Does this mean that if you took the test on August 15th you could take it again on September 1st, or would you need to wait until September 15th?

Calendar month = once per the month on the Calendar (GMAC cycles question banks monthly).

Using your example, if you take the exam on August 15th, you are eligible again on September 1st.

That was the old policy but I think GMAC recently updated their policy to be 31 days out:

Quote:
Retest Policy
You may take the GMAT exam only once within any period of 31 consecutive calendar days and no more than five (5) times within any period of 12 consecutive calendar months. In addition, if you score 800 on the exam, you will be prohibited from testing for five (5) years from your exam date. GMAT Customer Service representatives and test administrators are not authorized to waive or modify the retest policy for any reason. Note that the retest policy will be enforced even if a violation is not immediately identified and test scores have been reported. If you take the GMAT exam more often than allowed, your scores from each unauthorized test administration will be withheld or canceled, and your entire test fee will be forfeited. You may also be prohibited from future GMAT testing and may be subject to other remedial actions. This policy has been established to enhance the validity and security of the GMAT exam.

Source the GMAT Bulletin: https://www.mba.com/NR/rdonlyres/1897106 ... Ready7.pdf
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Now it's your turn to show me something new bb :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 04-30-2012
Send PM
I was worried about this when I signed up for the GMAT and couldn't find an exact answer. I took the GMAT once on April 30th and once on May 31st. So there does not have to be 31 days between test dates. You can take it once every 31 days.
GMAT Club Bot