Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:25 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation, please! [#permalink]
Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry that I missed posting some of my leadership experiences in my original post.

Leadership:

I have successfully mentored couple of interns and helped them with organizing and executing their internship work by developing a road-map and having frequent meetings, etc.

I've led many projects which involved cross-functioning with other departments in the company that saved the plant $$$$$$s

Being an avid hiker, I have lead many group hiking activities. This might sound cheesy, but during one of the trips I single-handedly saved a friend from drowning in a river while the other group members (almost everyone was a non-swimmer) were watching from the shore (Yes, I'm going to use that story in one of my essays!).

I have tutored Math and Chemistry to Freshmen neighbors during my MS program and helped them drastically improve their grades from mid-term to final exams.

I was also part of the leadership group of the organization that took students to the orphanages, inner city schools and nursing homes.

PS: As far as PhD being a baggage, I can convince the adcom that I am not just trying to collect degrees with my essays. I have a clear cut idea as to what I want to do post MBA.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
If your MBA ties in with your PhD (preferably making you really marketable) then it will work well. If it is a complete change of track I suspect less so. I have studied alongside science PhDs at business school, and for the ones that were there, there was an underlying obvious logic to why.

Your school choices need seriously refining, as for your position you really need to think carefully about what schools fit your background. My knee-jerk would be MIT and Chicago would be more accomodating, with others not really jelling with your background.
GMAT Club Bot