Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 04:08 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: IT Consultancy
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
 Q49  V34
GPA: 3.61
WE 1: 6 years - Telecom
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Re: Q19-26 ; V45-50 [#permalink]
I'm currently going through PurpleMath.com, the OG (the green book), and my old SAT prep book (okay, it's called Up Your Score and it's ridiculous but it has some cool tips); I've also bought the MGMAT CAT tests. I don't have access to Kaplan and other prep books because I live in the middle of nowhere and very few people seem to know what the GMAT is.

As for verbal, I majored in English Lit so I'd have to seriously reevaluate my life if I didn't do well in RC and SC after 4 years of non-stop reading and correcting badly written papers (I used to work as a TA).

So I have my Algebra and geometry books from high school and I'll work on those tonight. Hopefully, I'll get a scaled Q score of 30 tomorrow.

Math is insane, I'm jealous of you guys and I want your brains.

Edit: https://www.cliffsnotes.com/WileyCDA/Sec ... 05259.html (I just found this, what do you think?)
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
sharshar84 wrote:
So I have my Algebra and geometry books from high school and I'll work on those tonight. Hopefully, I'll get a scaled Q score of 30 tomorrow.

I wish it would have been possible to study for a night and improve the score by 5 points next morning :P...just kiddin! Have patience sharshar84, keep practicing from your high school maths book, go through the concepts and solve the questions. Make sure to pick the topics which are related to GMAT only. It would take lot of time, may be 10-15 days.

Also, I agree with klughing. Since you are already good at Verbal, try to improve your weak areas in verbal. It would be lot easier for you to improve your score in verbal.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bigoyal wrote:
sharshar84 wrote:

I wish it would have been possible to study for a night and improve the score by 5 points next morning :P...just kiddin! Have patience sharshar84, keep practicing from your high school maths book, go through the concepts and solve the questions. Make sure to pick the topics which are related to GMAT only. It would take lot of time, may be 10-15 days.

Also, I agree with klughing. Since you are already good at Verbal, try to improve your weak areas in verbal. It would be lot easier for you to improve your score in verbal.

Yea I ended up with a 35Q on my 5th MGMAT but most of it was due to "divine intervention" (i.e. guessing). My high school math book is quite helpful, I probably should have opened it during high school.

So my plan is to focus solely on Quant over the next 14 days (I'll watch Requiem for a Dream and Kung Fu Panda several times the day before the exam to motivate myself and remind myself that I can't fail in life and that "there is no secret ingredient") and I'll do a few verbal exercises everyday i/o reading for fun as I usually do. Such a shame that the verbal score isn't considered as important by AdCom as the quant score :(

Bigoyal, I see you have a 50Q so I might end up stalking you at some point.
Director
Director
 Q50  V38
Send PM
sharshar84 wrote:
Such a shame that the verbal score isn't considered as important by AdCom as the quant score :(

:roll: I doubt that such is the case. Both the scores are equally important. What I have heard is that the more the scores are balanced the more it is cherished by adcom.

Btw, I would suggest that don't waste your MGMAT tests. Work a little more on quant and when you feel you have improved then attempt the test.
GMAT Club Bot