Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:49 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1693 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Gmat journey ended with a bad note [#permalink]
gurpreet07 wrote:

No its not 650 its 600 the last score, but the point is after so much preparation this is what i got 19 in verbal
i mean i never score so less in GMAT prep

a case of nerves perhaps? did u take coaching? i'd recommend that, since ur weak in verbal, and that can be improved by coaching.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Turnpike wrote:
gurpreet07 wrote:

No its not 650 its 600 the last score, but the point is after so much preparation this is what i got 19 in verbal
i mean i never score so less in GMAT prep

a case of nerves perhaps? did u take coaching? i'd recommend that, since ur weak in verbal, and that can be improved by coaching.

I did everything dude...but now my self confidence is lost.
I think that i am a duffer....and a useless person with no purpose of living
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gurpreet07 wrote:

you have good quantitative abilities. where in verbal do u screw up? try the manhattan gmat strategy guides for the verbals. i've heard people swearing by them.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Turnpike wrote:
gurpreet07 wrote:

you have good quantitative abilities. where in verbal do u screw up? try the manhattan gmat strategy guides for the verbals. i've heard people swearing by them.

But i think if i give it again and suppose this time i may score 650
but the adcomms would take it as negative because i have already attempted it 4 times
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
gurpreet07,

Having an MBA does not assure you great career. Take heart in your hard work...! If everyone gets the same result to their effort this world will stop progressing...!

Dreams are quashed before new take birth...!

Look around you folks who have fundamentally followed their dreams, made lives better and created wealth (barring Google duo) have little to do with education... but more about passion...!

Show some class and stop publicly renouncing yourself and what your mother gave it to you...! This attitude is not going to fetch you much promise for future...!

Use your shortcomings; understand what is that you want in your life and come up with your own story; your own journey...!

Believe in yourself.. and be a man!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
DestinyChild wrote:
gurpreet07,

Having an MBA does not assure you great career. Take heart in your hard work...! If everyone gets the same result to their effort this world will stop progressing...!

Dreams are quashed before new take birth...!

Look around you folks who have fundamentally followed their dreams, made lives better and created wealth (barring Google duo) have little to do with education... but more about passion...!

Show some class and stop publicly renouncing yourself and what your mother gave it to you...! This attitude is not going to fetch you much promise for future...!

Use your shortcomings; understand what is that you want in your life and come up with your own story; your own journey...!

Believe in yourself.. and be a man!

You are right but at this moment my mind has got into depression...I was never like this but GMAT has taken its toll
but still you are very true...i think i will try again
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: finance & strategy
Send PM
gurpreet07 wrote:

Now i don't have the will power, confidence and money to go for another attempt.
so just logging off from the gmat world and yes i know my career is destroyed.

bye bye friends i hope other gmatclub members get their desired scores.
all the best

gurpreet07

if you give up only then your career is destroyed. Pls remember that no one and nothing can destroy your career. Only yourself can make or break your career.
It is upto you whether or not to re-try on gmat; but, establish a worthy goal and go after it with all gusto.

best.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tusharvk wrote:
gurpreet07 wrote:

Now i don't have the will power, confidence and money to go for another attempt.
so just logging off from the gmat world and yes i know my career is destroyed.

bye bye friends i hope other gmatclub members get their desired scores.
all the best

gurpreet07

if you give up only then your career is destroyed. Pls remember that no one and nothing can destroy your career. Only yourself can make or break your career.
It is upto you whether or not to re-try on gmat; but, establish a worthy goal and go after it with all gusto.

best.

tusharvk, thnks for the piece of words
yes you are right...probably after getting out of depression i will try again
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Their is an old adage in Sports:

"Its never over until the Fat lady sings".

I tell you the postives from your fourth attempt from an evaluator point of view:

If i were the evaluator, i would think that this guy never gives up. No matter what had happened, this guy still shows the determination and attitude needed.

Get up Man..Never give up..just bind some personal thoughts with GMAT. It is helping in my case ..hope it helps you too.

Best of Luck
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mani090406 wrote:
Their is an old adage in Sports:

"Its never over until the Fat lady sings".

I tell you the postives from your fourth attempt from an evaluator point of view:

If i were the evaluator, i would think that this guy never gives up. No matter what had happened, this guy still shows the determination and attitude needed.

Get up Man..Never give up..just bind some personal thoughts with GMAT. It is helping in my case ..hope it helps you too.

Best of Luck

thnks very much...i am realy feeling very good today..
i thought seriously that i have nothing to loose but lot to gain...I wil definitely try once again with whole dedication.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi gurpreet,
Seems as if ur devastated after ur result. I can understand d pain. Even I took gmat 4 the second time n was able to improve the score drastically. The books that gave me the confidence were
1. Mcgraw Hill's Conquering the Gmat verbal.
2. 1012 GMAT questions by Princeton review.

Take at least 10-15 tests in actual test conditions.
Make it a point to read English journals such as nytimes and economist everyday.

This surely will help.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1051 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
hey gurpreet,
One good is news is that the past is gone with the end of 2009, the worst is over and now what ever is left is the good things . Start from fresh benchmark your best and prepare and target each practice test to beat your best .

when a journey is longer than expectation ,one should walk each mile with patience to reach the destination. Many will quit on the way and consider it as their destiny , but few will struggle till they reach to the end and will be called the lucky fews.

If my target is to attain a 700+ and i am at alevel of 570+ , then rather working for a 130 point jump i should work for 50 point jump in each of my prep test and then move further. This way my confidence level will be straight and on the D day i will not panic.

these are the lines on which i am working right now to over come my two failures and still charged for a 3rd fight.

never lose "the hope ".
When going gets tough , the tough gets going....
we will beat the beast one day
Manager
Manager
Send PM
xcusemeplz2009 wrote:
hey gurpreet,
One good is news is that the past is gone with the end of 2009, the worst is over and now what ever is left is the good things . Start from fresh benchmark your best and prepare and target each practice test to beat your best .

when a journey is longer than expectation ,one should walk each mile with patience to reach the destination. Many will quit on the way and consider it as their destiny , but few will struggle till they reach to the end and will be called the lucky fews.

If my target is to attain a 700+ and i am at alevel of 570+ , then rather working for a 130 point jump i should work for 50 point jump in each of my prep test and then move further. This way my confidence level will be straight and on the D day i will not panic.

these are the lines on which i am working right now to over come my two failures and still charged for a 3rd fight.

never lose "the hope ".
When going gets tough , the tough gets going....
we will beat the beast one day

Hey thanks for those encouraging words, yes i will be among those luck fews :) .
will fight till the end. I will be preparing for this beast again.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts