Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 00:20 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1498 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
did u have any similar question in OG on the test?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
reply to all [#permalink]
Thanks for your comments.

To qhoc0010: "YES" the question were similar to OG somehow. I remember a question about combined speeds, and another one about probabilities. There was one challenging question in 3d geometry, but manageable. Finally I remember a question about a sequence. I could detail them by email.

To smark: my strategy in RC? Duh... It was not really my best subject. However, once again I recommend the priceton advices and practice in OG. I had some kind of glass ceiling until the eve of the test regarding that part. During the test, I had three texts. 2 40 liners and 1 80 liner. the last one was about decision making in corporations. The other ones... I do not really remember. I was really in the rush so I just looked at signs "however", "therefore", "on the other hand" etc...) to understand the logic behind the passage. Then I tried to quickly eliminate the answers which looked like there were "out of scope" that means too far fetched, as regards what is actually inside the text, or sometimes the contrary of the author thoughts. Quickly I could eliminate up to three answers.
Hence, I recommend reading princeton, and practicing OG. Try to learn to understand the structure of the text mainly. When you achieve that you do not really need to read the whole text.

I hope that helps.

Regards

Romain
Intern
Intern
Send PM
moreover [#permalink]
I was reading through the forum again, and even though I am finished with the Gmat now I cannot help but feel something when readies the others' stories.

So thanks to all of you at the forum, especially at tvconefive whose topic helped me a lot the day before my exam.

Moreover, I recommend reading the post 750 my gmat story by aspire 2005. Great post and sound avice. An experience very similar to mine.

Once again, best of luck to you all.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1498 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for your response.
Also, I face the same problem of running out of time at the end while taking practice test for verbal. I got 15 min left at the question around 20. I just wonder how sure you answered those questions at the end. Did you guess most of them?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Roman - Congratulations for the fabulous score. :cool Wish you luck with the application process. :gl
Intern
Intern
Send PM
last minutes; To qhoc0010: [#permalink]
I didn't really guess . I just speeded up. Therefore I took obviously less time for each question. That's the part I think where the priceton tricks really come in handy. For the SC part, I was already fast. i jsut got faster. For the CR part, I just quickly read at the argument looked for the conclusion and looked at the answers trying to quickly eliminate those which were not in the scope. For RC, I really speeded up.

To sum up, I think that:
- Stress in my case was a positive thing. I managed to think faster.
- Obviously, since I did not spend as much time on the last questions as I did on the first, I did not as much effort as in the first ones. Thanks Princeton.
- Finally, since I used POE, there is always a part of guessing somehow but a resonable one. Luck of course had also something to do with my result.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Last thing, Pizzaiollo. Do you mean Peterson's Ultimate GMAT Tool Kit?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I used.. [#permalink]
I used Petersons GMAC CAT success 2003 for the great CD.

For the verbal part, when I said that I used "tricks" from a book, it was Princeton review.

Regards

Romain
GMAT Club Bot
I used.. [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts