Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:55 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: University of Michigan - Ross school of business [#permalink]
Hi,

Thank you very much. I contacted a student in Public Health and she gave me the information on the healthcare courses.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General,Marketing,International Business
Send PM
how would you compare ross to Kellogg for General management/consulting/VC?
Current Student
Send PM
aditi,

I think the schools are fairly similar. GM and consulting is strong at Ross but I would expect the actual hiring #s (for consulting) to be higher at Kellogg. That said, at either school, your probability of landing a GM/consulting job does not increase/decrease because of these #s. You will have to beat out other super-qualified candidates to be succesful. So, if you get admitted to both schools, go with your instinct. You will be alright.

I have no idea about VC.You should email the EVC club at michigan to get more info.

-ncp.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General,Marketing,International Business
Send PM
thanks ncp! i got teh same vibe tho i haven't visited both schools n will probably only do so in march. I really like the MAP at Ross though as it would give me an opp other than my internship to experience different industries. will email the vc club to..thanks for the tip!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Cornell, Haas, USC, Tepper
Send PM
ncp wrote:
aditi,

I think the schools are fairly similar. GM and consulting is strong at Ross but I would expect the actual hiring #s (for consulting) to be higher at Kellogg. That said, at either school, your probability of landing a GM/consulting job does not increase/decrease because of these #s. You will have to beat out other super-qualified candidates to be succesful. So, if you get admitted to both schools, go with your instinct. You will be alright.

I have no idea about VC.You should email the EVC club at michigan to get more info.

-ncp.

Hello,

What kind of healthcare marketing do you do? I have been approached for a couple of healthcare/science marketing positions but nothing serious. Can you name some good companies that do this? What schools do you feel are the best for healthcare marketing?

-Thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I submitted R2 application for 2010. I noticed on the application pdf after submission that I have listed a wrong year of employment.

I have submitted the application though. DO you guys know if I can do anything now?

I feel like killing myself for this. This was my best app.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
woncosmo wrote:
I submitted R2 application for 2010. I noticed on the application pdf after submission that I have listed a wrong year of employment.

I have submitted the application though. DO you guys know if I can do anything now?

I feel like killing myself for this. This was my best app.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Don't sweat it
1. A small error like that probably won't make a difference. The people reviewing the apps aren't that nit-picky. If you made a ton of errors, that'd be one thing, but one mistake in something as long as a bschool app is unlikely to make a difference.
2. It's already submitted, so there isn't much to do about it (so try not to worry about it). If you really want, you could email admissions.

Good luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Send PM
Hello Everyone,
Ross is definetely one of my top choices for B school and I plan on visiting this spring. However, on the website it only has visit days up until February and I was hoping to visit March or April. I called and was told this is because of MAP. Are any of you knowledgable about any other opportunities to visit in the spring? like March or April.. or is the only opportunity to interact and interface with students in before 1st years leave for MAP.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
 Q49  V41
WE 1: insurance
WE 2: IT
Send PM
I am a prospective student too. I was looking to find outmoreabout the activities of the consulting club on campus .

Also how do MAP selections happen ? Is it company interviews or faculty interviews or some other way of allocation ?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Send PM
mbalady wrote:
Hello Everyone,
Ross is definetely one of my top choices for B school and I plan on visiting this spring. However, on the website it only has visit days up until February and I was hoping to visit March or April. I called and was told this is because of MAP. Are any of you knowledgable about any other opportunities to visit in the spring? like March or April.. or is the only opportunity to interact and interface with students in before 1st years leave for MAP.

If you want, you can visit in March and April. The 1st years wont be here, but the 2nd yrs will still be on-campus. The school just doesn't offer the official visit days during the spring.
Current Student
Send PM
You will select your top 10 MAP projects from a list of about 100. Then, the MAP office assigns you to one of the chosen companies. Some people get their 1st, others their 10th, but most people get 1 of their top 5. There are no interviews.

Re:consulting club, you should email someone directly at the club. Contact info should be available on the club website.

itsmystery wrote:
I am a prospective student too. I was looking to find outmoreabout the activities of the consulting club on campus .

Also how do MAP selections happen ? Is it company interviews or faculty interviews or some other way of allocation ?

Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Thanks ncp!
Can prospective students find out about the MAp projects on offer this year ?
Yes I will try and access the website for consulting club contacts. (and will come back to the forum if I still need help :wink: )
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
Send PM
Thanks as well ncp!
Do you by any chance know if visitors outside of the official Ross dates in Feb get the whole enchilada? Class visit, tour, Thursday Happy Hour etc. I just want to know if there is anything I will miss out on (except for the first years of course) if I do wait until March.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 686 [0]
Concentration: sustainability, social enterprise, design
Schools:Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE
 Q49  V44
Send PM
itsmystery wrote:

I'm a member of the consulting club, though haven't been very active so can provide some description, though if you want more info, you should reach out to the officers. The club hosts educational sessions about consulting, the recruiting process, networking, etc. They also have mock interviews, a conference, and facilitate students who want to do case interview practice. They provide updates on consulting companies coming to campus and setting up time to meet with recruiters one-on-one. There's also a mentorship program where they pair 1st years with 2nd years.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 299 [0]
Send PM
Hi peaceyall/ncp/bherronp/dosa_don/prospect/ All Ross ambassadors,

I am planing to be at Ross on 15th and 16th of feb (Mon and tue) for my interview. Can either of you spare some time and meet ...perhaps for a beer or sth. It would be great meeting you in person and exploring more about Ross.

Thanks in advance!
rao
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Thanks peaceyall. The mentorship opportunity looks interesting. Can you speak more about it ?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 686 [0]
Concentration: sustainability, social enterprise, design
Schools:Erb Institute: Ross | SNRE
 Q49  V44
Send PM
itsmystery wrote:
Thanks peaceyall. The mentorship opportunity looks interesting. Can you speak more about it ?

I didn't participate in it, so best to email the Consulting Club.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3