Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 12:24 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:Kellogg, Smeal, Fisher, Haas (Berkeley), Marshall (USC), Mendoza (Notre dame)
 Q48  V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Notre Dame (Mendoza) Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
I got mine on Saturday. So you should get yours any day.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
sawyer27 wrote:
I got mine on Saturday. So you should get yours any day.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business
Schools:IE Business School, Mendoza School of Business (Notre Dame)
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Bleh I got waitlisted today. I was sent an email with a form to fill out if I wanted to stay on the waitlist. Anyone know what the chances of getting in are from the waitlist?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Texas '12
Send PM
I received an admit packet which said it may take up to three weeks for a fellowship decision. Has anyone else received anything like this? Does it really take three weeks. We only have 30 days to pay the deposit and confirm. Fellowship is a big part of the decision as ND is more expensive then most schools in its class.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Send PM
I got my fellowship offer about 10 days after being admitted.

Wasn't great (15k/year) and I was rebuffed when I asked them to up the award in light of much higher awards from WUSTL (half) and BC (2/3). Stinks because I find ND to be a quality school.
Current Student
Send PM
hypermeganet wrote:

Wasn't great (15k/year) and I was rebuffed when I asked them to up the award in light of much higher awards from WUSTL (half) and BC (2/3). Stinks because I find ND to be a quality school.

Thanks Hypermeganet; were you notified via mail or email?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Send PM
sdg wrote:
hypermeganet wrote:

Thanks Hypermeganet; were you notified via mail or email?

Email and then mail.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Anyone in wait list have heard about any changes in the list?

Does anyone know when they will inform people in the wait list?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
oapg-

As I mentioned above I was waitlisted as well for the one year program. I still haven't heard anything and it's been a month. I have looked everywhere and I cannot find any good information ie how many people are on the list, when they start going to it, what are the chances of getting in or when will we know. All I do know is that today is the deadline for the one year program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I passed my interview on campus!
Notre Dame school is very special and unique!
They have great resources, and student/resources ratio is really high!
They have generous contributions from loyal alumni, and therefore can give their students great fellowships!
the facilities are outstanding! Spacious, a lot of light, very comfy atmosphere - I really felt myself at home!
The students I met were very very attentive, and gave me the best acceptance I ever had in other schools :)
They are very proactive, assertive, supportive and share great passion for their school!
Admission committee does a great job to reach prospective students and give them personal attention!
I think that living in such a tight community, in a little town without distractions, but which also has low cost of living, makes Notre Dame additionally appealing.
Very accessible faculty, that know their students personally, and often help to complete business plans for recruiters by providing feedback and support! They know all their students in details, their possibilities, and initiatives - and often help out if a student has problems with the course.
The interviewer was an adcom, and alum. Also very nice impressions. Standard questions such as why mba, why now, why notre dame, team situation and ethical dilemma. The last question was situational - how would you count the annual number of published magazine "Sky Mall".
Decent school with personal approach to each student. I loved it!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I guess they did it because of their high ethical standards, and catholic affiliation. Other schools would bargain, but not Notre Dame. They really love their school, and have strong identity with it. They care very much who they are accepting, and constantly try to raise the funds to provide students with fellowships. So what have you decided? Where will you be matriculating?

Wasn't great (15k/year) and I was rebuffed when I asked them to up the award in light of much higher awards from WUSTL (half) and BC (2/3). Stinks because I find ND to be a quality school.[/quote]
Current Student
Send PM
azatshop wrote:
They have generous contributions from loyal alumni, and therefore can give their students great fellowships!
the facilities are outstanding! Spacious, a lot of light, very comfy atmosphere - I really felt myself at home!
The students I met were very very attentive, and gave me the best acceptance I ever had in other schools :)
They are very proactive, assertive, supportive and share great passion for their school!
Admission committee does a great job to reach prospective students and give them personal attention!
I think that living in such a tight community, in a little town without distractions, but which also has low cost of living, makes Notre Dame additionally appealing.
Very accessible faculty, that know their students personally, and often help to complete business plans for recruiters by providing feedback and support! They know all their students in details, their possibilities, and initiatives - and often help out if a student has problems with the course.
The interviewer was an adcom, and alum. Also very nice impressions. Standard questions such as why mba, why now, why notre dame, team situation and ethical dilemma. The last question was situational - how would you count the annual number of published magazine "Sky Mall".

Congratulations!
Excellent post; I got the same impression. My question is do they notify you even if you’re not awarded any fellowship $$ or do you need to contact the financial aide office on your own?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am not sure. Usually it takes longer time after the decision. Some schools notify about the acceptance and fellowship awarded by calling you or sending email. Some admit you and then forward your docs to other department to see whether you qualify for fellowship. I might suspect that since they are little school, they might take decision at once. Especially if they want you in their school. Anyway, did you apply for round 3? when did u visit the school?

sdg wrote:
azatshop wrote:

Congratulations!
Excellent post; I got the same impression. My question is do they notify you even if you’re not awarded any fellowship $$ or do you need to contact the financial aide office on your own?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Brian Lohr called me to inform that I am admitted! :) However, no information whether they will award me any scholarship. I guess I have to await another week or two to get the decision!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Today I received an Email signed by Brian Lohr, in which he explained me that after checking R3 candidates the admit com decided to keep me on wait list.
He also mentioned that they will keep looking on the wait list and send me another update when available..
Did someone else got that email?..my expectations get higher every time I got an email from ND.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I received an email today letting me know I was rejected. Good luck to you though!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
-mhzumaeta

sorry to hear that! and thanks for the good vibes
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6