Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 07:49 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Brand Management
Schools:Schulich class of 2012
 Q35  V48
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Texas '12
Send PM
Re: Calling all Notre Dame (Mendoza) Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink]
azatshop wrote:
I received a fellowship decision today after almost 4 weeks after an admit: Brian Lohr wrote me that they cannot offer me any fellowship if I enter this class of 2012, but will offer me $$$ if I enter class of 2013 next year...

That's an odd request. This year is shaping up to be quite the anomaly for admissions. :| Were will you be going if not Mendoza?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Well, I love Mendoza - my soul is there. But my mind says Rochester, Simon school, which also gave me some $$. I am also waitlisted in Georgetown... Therefore, I guess I will go to GT if admitted. If not - Rochester.
What about you? What's ur case?

Regarding ND decision: it's weird, cause ND traditionally has great resources for fellowships. I am a unique background applicant, therefore they want me. However they already accepted the applicant with exactly the same background in R2 with a bit less fellowship then mine... So I guess they just one one such an applicant per year lol Anyway, ND is a great school.

sdg wrote:
azatshop wrote:
I received a fellowship decision today after almost 4 weeks after an admit: Brian Lohr wrote me that they cannot offer me any fellowship if I enter this class of 2012, but will offer me $$$ if I enter class of 2013 next year...

That's an odd request. This year is shaping up to be quite the anomaly for admissions. :| Were will you be going if not Mendoza?
Current Student
Send PM
azatshop wrote:
Well, I love Mendoza - my soul is there. But my mind says Rochester, Simon school, which also gave me some $$. I am also waitlisted in Georgetown... Therefore, I guess I will go to GT if admitted. If not - Rochester.
What about you? What's ur case?

Regarding ND decision: it's weird, cause ND traditionally has great resources for fellowships. I am a unique background applicant, therefore they want me. However they already accepted the applicant with exactly the same background in R2 with a bit less fellowship then mine... So I guess they just one one such an applicant per year lol Anyway, ND is a great school.

sdg wrote:
azatshop wrote:

Yeah, I really like the program as well. Every alum I've ran into is absolutely fanatical. I think it's great! I think they def ran into some fellowship issues this year tho. I'm not sure what my fellowship stance is at the moment, but I paid my deposit. I to am from an unusual background and have been waitlisted at UT which may be a result of applying so late in the game. If I get the call from UT it'll be a tough call for me as I may be able to get fellowship 2nd year at UT. GT is a good school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
krussell wrote:
oapg79 wrote:
Today I received an Email signed by Brian Lohr, in which he explained me that after checking R3 candidates the admit com decided to keep me on wait list.
He also mentioned that they will keep looking on the wait list and send me another update when available..
Did someone else got that email?..my expectations get higher every time I got an email from ND.

I got it too. Here's hoping.

Posted from my mobile device

Has anyone on the waitlist received any news?

I know decisions for the final round come out today, I am hoping that upon reviewing my application in this group I get an admit.
Current Student
 Q35  V48
Send PM
Nada.

I gave an update to my file last night and got a reply about that today, but nothing else.
Current Student
Send PM
It was a tough decision, but I withdrew. I hope a fellow GMAT clubber gets the spot.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
krussell wrote:
Nada.

I gave an update to my file last night and got a reply about that today, but nothing else.

krussell,

have you heard anything yet regarding your waitlist status?

I figure they have to be looking over waitlisted candidates to fill any remaining slots at this point?

good luck.
Current Student
 Q35  V48
Send PM
Nothing yet.

I received an email from Brian Lohr on Friday asking if I was still interested, and I obviously said yes!

Here's hoping again :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
krussell wrote:
Nothing yet.

I received an email from Brian Lohr on Friday asking if I was still interested, and I obviously said yes!

I got a similar email on Friday, I too said yes.

I wonder if those went out to everyone on the waitlist, or a selected group. Usually they only have about 10-15 spots, so I don't know if that would have went out to everyone on the waitlist. Maybe it is broken down into buckets.

Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
krussell wrote:
Nothing yet.

I just received an email from Brian Lohr stating there was no movement on the wait list this past week, but Admissions is aware of my intentions.

I was really hoping for some good news, but this makes me think my only way in is if someone forfeits their deposit to go elsewhere.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Non-profits
 Q47  V35
Send PM
No thread for Fall 2011 applicants???
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
anaghamahajan01 wrote:
No thread for Fall 2011 applicants???

You are welcome to start one, if you'd like. All we ask is that you follow the template of other school threads :)

Good luck with your applications.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
biz2012 wrote:
little late but thought i'd drop a line and say i did receive an admit back in december. happy to answer any questions about visit, interview, etc. good luck all.

HI,
i received an invite for an online video chat interview from ND. I have a few questions..

1) my interview is an Adcom initiated interview after i submitted my application on nov 1st. Does the ND Adcom initiate interviews with everyone who applies or has my application contributed in some sort of way to me getting a interview call..

2) Any other tips as to how to prepare for the interview ???

one weird question.. ( this is the first time i am doing an interview online)

3) do i need to wear a suit, now that i am interviewing over the net ??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Non-profits
 Q47  V35
Send PM
I received an interview invite today. I applied in R1.
The email says that they recommend on-campus interviews but as I am in India I cannot schedule one.
Does Mendoza use alumni for interviews outside US? Or will be a video chat/interview?
What all answers should I be ready with for the interview?
Typically, what is the % of applicants invited for interview get an admit?

Thanks in advance for the help!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
anaghamahajan01 wrote:
I received an interview invite today. I applied in R1.
The email says that they recommend on-campus interviews but as I am in India I cannot schedule one.
Does Mendoza use alumni for interviews outside US? Or will be a video chat/interview?
What all answers should I be ready with for the interview?
Typically, what is the % of applicants invited for interview get an admit?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

HI,
I am in India too, and i have been notified for an online inteview.. its on G TALK.. It will be a video chat.. mine is on dec 3rd..

the rest of your questions.. i want answers to them too.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6