Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 17:39 It is currently 01 May 2024, 17:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Re: which FT program has the most fun [#permalink]
shadowsjc wrote:
i think you can have a great time at any school. if i had to pick a few 'most fun' places, i'd probably rank michigan and UT Austin (McCombs) pretty high on the list.

Especially the former if you love seeing Big Blue lose in the Big Ten.

Any school will be fun so long as you pick smartly.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
3underscore wrote:

Except Booth. It's been well documented on the interwebs that U of C is where fun goes to die.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Jerz wrote:
3underscore wrote:

Except Booth. It's been well documented on the interwebs that U of C is where fun goes to die.

Haha, thanks for the heads up Jerz.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Kudos
Jerz wrote:

Joking aside, I do think there is an element of truth that I can relate to this.

I am absolutely certain Darden must be boring as hell. Anyone I have met from Darden just spends their time telling me about the academic rigor, and how it is the most work of any MBA program. Given this is all I have heard on numerous occassions, they give the impression that they are so into studying it is like a ghost town for fun.

So, my conjecture is that any school where the students go on about the academic rigor, the difficulty of the classes, the great minds of academics - they are more likely to be boring schools. The whole magnetism is alligned around being boring.

I wouldn't say that those schools couldn't be fun, but you will be fishing in a reduced pond of people to have a great time with.

*Booth is included here through Jerz's slight at the more respected neighbor to his school**. I have no problem with Booth. I have met some very boring people from Booth though, but have also met rhyme.

** for clarification, Jerz is at Northwestern, not University of Illinois.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Kudos
3underscore wrote:
*Booth is included here through Jerz's slight at the more respected neighbor to his school.

To be clear, my post was purely meant as a joke. The people I know at Booth seem to be plenty fun although I agree with 3underscore's post in that I would expect that a school with students that focus on academics as a selling point is more likely to have a larger population of less fun people.

I do, however, take offense at 3underscore's suggestion that Booth is our neighbor. We are in the upscale neighborhood of Evanston. Not the one-step-above-the-DMZ neighborhood of Hyde Park.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:Duke 2012
Send PM
Jerz wrote:
3underscore wrote:
*Booth is included here through Jerz's slight at the more respected neighbor to his school.

To be clear, my post was purely meant as a joke. The people I know at Booth seem to be plenty fun although I agree with 3underscore's post in that I would expect that a school with students that focus on academics as a selling point is more likely to have a larger population of less fun people.

I do, however, take offense at 3underscore's suggestion that Booth is our neighbor. We are in the upscale neighborhood of Evanston. Not the one-step-above-the-DMZ neighborhood of Hyde Park.

Oh, you ritzy Evanston kids...they should have the real housewives of Evanston...all I remember when visiting Northwestern is all the women out jogging and pushing their strollers in the really nice neighborhood along the lake near campus. All I could think is do none of these people work? And then reality hit in, they had no need to work. There must be enough gossip and backstabbing in that neighborhood to compete with NJ or LA.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [1]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM