Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:36 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1540 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Send PM
Re: [#permalink]
Superb score! Best of luck to you!

Questor
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul:
====

Yeah, I was thinking of posting under another nick, but then I decided to be brave and continue with 790-goal :-) Thanks.

Praetorian:
========

Probabilty and Perm-Comb were my two weak areas particularly since Kaplan and OG don't quite cover them in much detail. Whatever brushing of these two concepts I was able to do, was due to GMAT club material under the Math section and the Math challenges disucssion as well as the questions in the GMATClub challenges.

I don't know what you are referring to by "Counting Methods".

As for the Verbal section, I didn't really have a strategy other than going through all the Kaplan tests and about half of the OG questions. I didn't review any workbook for Verbal. Though I did badly on verbal on some Kaplan tests, I was always quite confident about this section. I think I have good intuition about correct English usage and always been comfortable with Verbal (I had a 770- 99% on Verbal in the GRE).

The GMAT club challenges were very helpful for me especially for Comb-Perm and Probability. I would recommend anyone shooting for a high GMAT score to take the challenges. They are much tougher than GMAT Math, but still very helpful. As for suggestions for the challenges, I really have only one -- if you can make the challenges computer adaptive that would be great.
====

Thanks Questor.

===
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations on your great score and thanks for the detailed post! :cool
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
790-goal wrote:

I don't know what you are referring to by "Counting Methods".

As for the Verbal section, I didn't really have a strategy other than going through all the Kaplan tests and about half of the OG questions. I didn't review any workbook for Verbal. Though I did badly on verbal on some Kaplan tests, I was always quite confident about this section. I think I have good intuition about correct English usage and always been comfortable with Verbal (I had a 770- 99% on Verbal in the GRE).

The GMAT club challenges were very helpful for me especially for Comb-Perm and Probability. I would recommend anyone shooting for a high GMAT score to take the challenges. They are much tougher than GMAT Math, but still very helpful. As for suggestions for the challenges, I really have only one -- if you can make the challenges computer adaptive that would be great.

Counting methods is permutations and combinations.

We are working on a adaptive challenge series. hopefully soon.

The basic objective of the challenges is to compare your performance with others when you are presented with similar questions. It will help you see where you stand with respect to the competition.

In effect, the challenges are designed such that they present problems with
varying degrees of difficulty throughout the test. We try to simulate the experience of a 50-51Q test.

thank you for the feedback about the challenges. its helps. :)

Praetorian
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 285 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thats an awesome score. Well done and best of luck with your apps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
wow thats awesome score.. good luck. with your apps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
question question. [#permalink]
Congrat, awesome score.

I'm just about to begin this painful GMAT journey. can u provide some goods and bads about Kaplan and Princeton? Is it true that Kaplan is good at math while Princeton is good at verbal? What are some other helpful tools u'd suggest?

thx in advancr, Sessmi.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1540 [0]
Send PM
Re: question question. [#permalink]
sessmi wrote:
Congrat, awesome score.

I'm just about to begin this painful GMAT journey. can u provide some goods and bads about Kaplan and Princeton? Is it true that Kaplan is good at math while Princeton is good at verbal? What are some other helpful tools u'd suggest?

thx in advancr, Sessmi.

Hi sessmi, read the last post on this thread where I performed a review of different prep material
https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 1&start=40
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great score congratulations..... Minding through about 70 of your points this way??

:)

Congrats and thanks for the detailed summary of your study habbits
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts