Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:09 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: PS questions and question about the gmat books ! [#permalink]
can you give numbers and q/v breakdowns?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everydoby!!
first of all, "kiss the gmat", thank you soooooo much! You cannot imagine how you make me feel better. I have to admit that the gmat preparation has been really stressful those days because I really want to do my best!! I think that thanks to you I will do just a few more gmatclub tests (in math) and start studying the verbal!
Dawgie, I am not using the MGMAT quant guides, I am only working with the gmatclub tests and the three official books! I also bought a french book at the very beginning just in order to know the gmat a bit better! In France, nobody knows the gmat....
Shaselai, I am not quite sure I understood your question, but if I did, here are the questions I failed at first :
PS: 18, 28, 29, 65, 69, 75, 86, 79, 103, 110 (english comprehension...), 118, 142, 145 (the toughest for me...), 148, 156, 157 (pretty tricky), 162 and 174.
DS:30, 32, 66, 70, 71, 91, 102, 123.

These are the questions in the gmat quantitative 2nd edition. If you have a look on those questions you might sometimes not understand how I could failed them. Usually, those mistakes are due to a bad english comprehension or even an absent-mindedness.

Thank you all again !!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
alexn49
i was curious if you took any practice tests for the breakdowns. if you havent and all you did was do the ques and calculate the % correct then it is hard to gauge things. I would take a diagnostic and see where you stand.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Shaselai!!
I would like to tell you that I did what you asked me to do about to different tests! So I go 48, 49 and 50 in maths so I am really proud of it :)! My problem is now the verbal part! As I am not a native speaker, the tests I did worthed around 25 and 30.... So I from now on, I am studying as hard I can this part.
So thanks for telling me what to do... It made me feel much better! Now, I will try to feel as much confident as I can in verbal and crack the gmat at a 700! I checked : if I have 48 in quant, I'll need 35 in verbal... Have you ever seen such an improvement ? I am working with the three gmat books and the gmatclub tests. Is it sufficient ?
Hope you can help :)
Thx !

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Quantitative Questions Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts