Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 06:34 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Schools:USC Marshall School of Business
GPA: 2.9
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing & Entrepreneurship
Schools:UCLA Anderson FEMBA Class of 2014
Send PM
Re: New tech start-up helps MBA applicants stay on track [#permalink]
What security measures have you or are currently putting in place to ensure our data is safe?

This looks like a promising endeavor, best of luck to you!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for the encouraging words!!

We've been very concerned about security from the start. We back up everyone's work regularly and the entire site past the registration wall is in https to prevent hacking or security breaches of any sort. If there's anything we wanted to be super sure of is that everyone's application essays and documents would be safe.
Current Student
Send PM
I like the interface so far, it's really slick. The tools (reminders, essay review, etc.) all look really awesome. I haven't played with it too much yet (gonna start uploading stuff and trying it out today with my Rd2 schools), and can provide much better feedback after I start inputting stuff in, but thanks for the account upgrade!

I'm honestly not sure myself as to what would be the most useful way to export the information. Maybe it could be some sort of "view only" mode, but then again I'm sure you guys wouldn't want to be storing data in perpetuity. I wonder if it would be useful to export in some sort of searchable .pdf format, or as an HTML document where users could click around to see their applications etc? Perhaps as a flash document of some sort?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Here's something that would be really useful for us to know -- especially from current applicants who are in the thick of it right now.

Forget for a moment what the current product does. What do you find to be the biggest pain points in applying to business school, and what would you like to see to make things easier? Is it about staying organized? About figuring out what to write for your essays? Providing writing aids for the essays (e.g. structure templates, a key-word based phrase generator to get some ideas going)? Connecting you with alumni? Helping you pick schools? Assessing your chances of getting in?

Would love to hear any thoughts you might have.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I would say:
1) managing the essay process
2) reminding recommenders

but that's just me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
On the essay management front, we've definitely put a lot of work into it, though we think there are still ways we can improve to make it more intuitive and seamless.

We haven't yet implemented the recommendations suggestion you mentioned, but it's definitely on our minds. When I was applying last year, chasing down my managers to get those recommendations done was such a chore! A lot of them had this attitude that, yeah they cared about my professional development, but they were essentially helping me to leave my job so they weren't going to put *that* much effort into it. Consequently, I was hounding them to the very last day. Even had to get their assistants on board to send them reminders.

I like your idea a lot! I think the trick will be to do it in a way that is transparent and professional. As an applicant I'd be worried about a product that might start sending naggy inappropriate emails to my bosses about writing my recommendation...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
worst part of the whole process is the waiting period after hitting submit. if you can solve that then God bless you.

i, personally, don't feel that i need a tool for the rest of it but i am sure others would disagree. good luck.
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Schools:Booth
 Q48  V45
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
Great tool- just signed up for an account, haven't really played around with it. Version control for my essays and tracking reviewer comments is a big issue for me. I look forward to trying out how Applyinthesky manages this process.

EDIT: Having just started to upload essay versions, I would appreciate the ability to start a new version of the same essay, in addition to being able to edit drafts and track draft history.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
 Q41  V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
The site looks good. I'm excited to start using it. One random thing, I entered my birthdate correctly, but under my profile pic in the corner it lists my age incorrectly. Just thought I'd mention it
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Technology, Digital Media
 Q49  V42
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Excellent idea for a product. I just signed up for an account, and I really like the design and layout. I'll tinker around with it a bit more and give better feedback, but it looks great and I'm sure I'll use it.

Oh, and also I put in my date of birth and it shows the wrong age under my avatar. So maybe a little code tinkering there would help.
Current Student
Send PM
mrwuzzman wrote:
Excellent idea for a product. I just signed up for an account, and I really like the design and layout. I'll tinker around with it a bit more and give better feedback, but it looks great and I'm sure I'll use it.

Oh, and also I put in my date of birth and it shows the wrong age under my avatar. So maybe a little code tinkering there would help.

This is also a problem with my account. Must be a code issue..
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
This tool looks incredible, thanks very much!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello GMAT Club users - thank you VERY much for your feedback on Apply in the Sky! We hear that many of you have reported that our service is displaying your age as "negative one years old (-1)."

While we wish this was due to the fact that applying to business school is making you younger, the reason this is happening is because you didn't select your birth year during registration and it defaulted to 2010. While we work to make this a non-issue on our end, the way to fix this after you've created an account is to go to "My Profile" and edit your birthday.

We hope this helps you resolve your issue! Thank you and keep the feedback coming!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Dear GMAT Club users,

We wanted to share some good news. Apply in the Sky just won the jury & audience awards at the Women 2.0 Pitch Night competition in San Francisco.
https://techcrunch.com/2010/11/05/2010-w ... n-winners/

Of course, this is not as important as getting your feedback and solving your problems. So don't worry, that's still our number 1 concern! But in the meantime, we were just excited to share some happy news.

Please keep the feedback coming. It has truly been amazing, and hopefully we're managing to address your concerns in a timely enough fashion.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 10037 [0]
Given Kudos: 361
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats!!!

:)

Attachment:
women2-web_applyinthesky.jpg
women2-web_applyinthesky.jpg [ 45.51 KiB | Viewed 3196 times ]
Current Student
Send PM
Congratulations!
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 521 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Send PM
Congratulations for the award! You are doing a great job. I just signed up and after using it for a while will certainly bring some feedback.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2