Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: LBS vs. INSEAD [#permalink]
fleurdelisse wrote:
I got into LBS for Sept 2011 and planning to apply to INSEAD for the Jan 2012 intake (to benefit from the internship).

I am really confused as to which school is better. I am from the Middle East, worked in mgnt consulting for about four years across the region. I have a good academic background.

After the MBA, I plan to join the family business in retail. At this point, I am really not sure which school is better. INSEAD has a MUCH better reputation in the Middle East. Practically no one here has heard of LBS. But should this be a decisive factor? I already have a strong network in the Middle East through my work here with top management in various companies, and through my personal network. So what I need is to expand my network beyond the middle east.

I had visited the INSEAD campus a couple of years back and it's quite nice. The exchange opportunity with Singapore is great. But even if I go to LBS, I plan on taking part of the exchange program in East Asia as this is a region I would like to know more about.

If you know more about both schools, can you please share your experiences / thoughts.

Thanks.

Congrats for LBS, i have also been admitted for Aug'11 and will accept with no doubt. I'm also from the Middle East, and working in Management Consulting in the UAE.
Definitely INSEAD has a great reputation in the region, but LBS as well!!! However, i agree that INSEAD's network is bigger and maybe more active, but that doesn't mean that opportunities are less for LBS grads! For instance, if you look at the latest employment reports of both schools, you notice how LBS grads are better paid (though there were 4% of MBA2010 Class who worked in the Middle East)... Plus if we're talking UAE, historically the relations with London are very strong, and the top business people of the country are British, which influences the perception of LBS grads...

I suggest, if you plan to work into management consulting, and the program length is a critical issue for u, then apply INSEAD... Else, go for LBS, it has many more advantages! But anyways, you have to accept your seat at LBS by the end of Jan'11, so u won't have time to wait for INSEAD's decision.

All the luck
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Whatever you do, you can´t decide wrong, both are amazing schools!!! And both are clearly the best business schools in Europe.
Congratulations for your admission!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Believe both schools are on par in terms of reputation globally (bias: recent LBS grad :-)). Some quick facts and advantages for each program:

LBS:
- Location, location, location (better ability to network with companies and do project work, plus just living in one of the best cities of the world)
- 21 month program, so you can do 1 or 2 summer internships over 3 month period (great for career switchers)
- Very flexible curriculum in 2nd year (ability to do more internships or projects)
- Can also graduate early in 15 or 18 months (but still have to pay full tuition)
- Smaller class size (400)
- Exchange program to 30 other business schools worldwide (including top schools in the US like Wharton, MIT, Kellogg, Booth, Columbia etc.)

INSEAD:
- 1 year program, means less costs (less lost income, less total tuition, lower living expenses compared to London)
- Jan intake allows for short 6 week summer internship
- Large class size (800+ per year)
- Ability to study at Singapore campus
- Due to larger class size, and fact that LBS only became a top business school over the past decade, INSEAD probably has the stronger and larger global network at the moment
GMAT Club Bot