Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 02:38 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Re: Non-business background profile evaluation please [#permalink]
Sure,
I didn't mean a disconnect in skills, the JD will only help you in consulting thats for sure. The disconnect I speak of is what the adcoms will be concerned with. Certain questions come up when you have a law degree (jaded...etc) if you address those than great, but that doesn't mitigate completely. Some may say you're taking a circuitous route to consulting. All the major firms hire JDs as associates as well. Hence the why MBA? question is that much more important for you.
Other may call you a degree gatherer. Others may question your passion.....not me, these are just thing to be aware of. Again you will be competitive at most schools Booth and Kellogg are hard for everyone.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
I think in at Michigan and Georgetown. If you see a lot of future value in your law experience and convey(ed) that in your essays, then I like the diversity. Lot of people coming from business, tech and liberal arts backgrounds, I would have to think lawyers are in the super minority. Like that you have world experience and worked on the hill.

I think you're out at Booth, and you're out at Dartmouth unless you make sweet love to Tuck by making two visits and pulling out all the stops.

Wouldn't surprise me if you got into Kellogg, but wouldn't surprise me if you were dinged too. Judging from the roll call thread, it seems that accepted, waitlisted, and dinged applicant pools have almost the exact same GPA/GMATs, so they must be looking at your essays and work experience.

Good luck, hope you get into your top choice!
GMAT Club Bot