Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Status:Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Own Kudos [?]: 226 [0]
Given Kudos: 136
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [1]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Stating my less-renowned MBA in best-school MBA Applications [#permalink]
method wrote:
1. Many programs specifically state that a previous MBA is not a problem. You just need to be very clear about why you need their particular MBA. Your position that your Bangladesh MBA doesn't travel very far is probably a good start, but make sure to focus on your goals and how achieving your goals requires a new MBA with a stronger alumni network and industry position, etc.

2. Admission committees see thousands of applications from very talented people. Attending a full-time MBA program while working full-time is a very demanding schedule, but I don't think that some giant alarm is going to go off on this. If anything it may be a distinct advantage in that you're up to the challenge of an accelerated MBA.

My advice is not to start your new MBA journey off by deceiving anyone. You are who you are and you should be proud of what you've accomplished and resolute in your goals. Be honest, it'll help.

bizschoolprep wrote:
Don't hide any information. It may lead to a disqualification at a later time AFTER you have paid your tuition, etc !

Thank you both, bizschoolprep and method!

Indeed I agree with you.

Could you please help in one other regard then? How can I present in the application that I pursued a full-time MBA side by side a full-time job (40-hour per week; flexible time duration each day)? Is this kind of scenario a-bit common in other countries (at least in few applicants applying for a good school)?

Thanks you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Is your's an MBA degree or Post Graduate Diploma?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bizschoolprep wrote:
Is your's an MBA degree or Post Graduate Diploma?

The certificate name of the degree is MBA.

Actually, I received a business degree in my Bachelor's (Bachelor of Business Administration - BBA). As I studied in the same university in the Master's level (MBA), the curriculum was narrowed down to only the additional required courses thus it became a 1-year 36-credit MBA. But as I mentioned, though the school is the most prestigious business school in Bangladesh, that is not comparable to any good as well as top-ranked business school's MBA (and that's the reason I want to pursue another World-class MBA). The MBA experience was more like class-room based than like hands-on real-life experience based. I know, I it's quite dissimilar than the good business schools'.

I hope I am able to answer your question, bizschoolprep.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Schawjibb wrote:

Actually, I received a business degree in my Bachelor's (Bachelor of Business Administration - BBA). As I studied in the same university in the Master's level (MBA), the curriculum was narrowed down to only the additional required courses thus it became a 1-year 36-credit MBA. But as I mentioned, though the school is the most prestigious business school in Bangladesh, that is not comparable to any good as well as top-ranked business school's MBA (and that's the reason I want to pursue another World-class MBA). The MBA experience was more like class-room based than like hands-on real-life experience based. I know, I it's quite dissimilar than the good business schools'.

Thanks.

The best bet would be to tell exactly the same to the adcom using the optional essay. Rather than hiding your previous MBA, you should give the reasons why in spite of having the earlier MBA, you need one from that school. Moreover, rather than comparing the B Schools in the US to your country, you should focus on telling why the earlier MBA does not addresses your career requirements.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bizschoolprep wrote:
Schawjibb wrote:

Thanks.

The best bet would be to tell exactly the same to the adcom using the optional essay. Rather than hiding your previous MBA, you should give the reasons why in spite of having the earlier MBA, you need one from that school. Moreover, rather than comparing the B Schools in the US to your country, you should focus on telling why the earlier MBA does not addresses your career requirements.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your suggestion! Will let you know once I apply for any prestigious B-school.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Schawjibb wrote:

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your suggestion! Will let you know once I apply for any prestigious B-school.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot