Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:46 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Which is the best Spanish B-School?

You may select 1 option
Tags:
IEx   IESEx   
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology & Operations, Consulting, General Management
Schools:IESE Business School
Send PM
Re: ESADE vs. IE vs. IESE [#permalink]
pavlov wrote:
um can someone please comment I just got admits from both IESE and ESADE (and interviewer said he would recommend me to adcom for IE)

seems like ESADE is the lowest of the 3

Well to start with, I am bit surprised that you are confused on the selection of the school! As all the 3 schools have only location as commonality and on other criteria and attributes, they are pretty different from each other. I am sure while applying to these schools you have answered Why MBA ? question! I believe it's time to revisit that question for real now and see which school is the best fit for you to determine the right school! Match your objectives from the MBA and B-School to the admits you have and you will have your answer! And please do not take such polls as guiding factor on determining anyone as lowest or highest for it's but obvious that people going to a certain school and more active on the gmatclub forum here will have a better poll result! It can be a very wrong way hence in choosing a school!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aksr wrote:
pavlov wrote:
um can someone please comment I just got admits from both IESE and ESADE (and interviewer said he would recommend me to adcom for IE)

seems like ESADE is the lowest of the 3

Well to start with, I am bit surprised that you are confused on the selection of the school! As all the 3 schools have only location as commonality and on other criteria and attributes, they are pretty different from each other. I am sure while applying to these schools you have answered Why MBA ? question! I believe it's time to revisit that question for real now and see which school is the best fit for you to determine the right school! Match your objectives from the MBA and B-School to the admits you have and you will have your answer! And please do not take such polls as guiding factor on determining anyone as lowest or highest for it's but obvious that people going to a certain school and more active on the gmatclub forum here will have a better poll result! It can be a very wrong way hence in choosing a school!

Well for the "Why XXX" question I just said the same thing - international student body, opportunity to learn spanish, quality of life in Spain. I'm really just trying to figure out which is the most prestigious and go there.

do u go to ESADE?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology & Operations, Consulting, General Management
Schools:IESE Business School
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
pavlov wrote:
Well for the "Why XXX" question I just said the same thing - international student body, opportunity to learn spanish, quality of life in Spain. I'm really just trying to figure out which is the most prestigious and go there.

do u go to ESADE?

I am going to IESE. I am pretty happy and sure about my choice. I have ESADE in mind as back up but I did not have to go for it as I got through couple of schools which I applied in Round-1! In spite of this, IESE was in my preferred list for numerous reasons and I am choosing it over the other non-Spanish B-school, through which I got through, just because of perfect fit! This though should not have any implication on quality of MBA one can have at ESADE! Whatever I have heard and investigated about ESADE, makes it a very good school.

In case you have just answered the question of "Why MBA?" with positives a Spanish education can bring up then I can understand that you are now a bit confused! The best way out in your case then would be to think about the post MBA goals. You want to go into marketing, consulting, finance or entrepreneurship! You like 100% case study as teaching method or a mix of case study and class room lectures! You want to go to a big class size or a small class size where you get more opportunity to gel with your other class members! How much work experience you have and how essential it is for you to return to job after MBA? Are you a potential career changer? Questions like this will help you choose!

IESE uses case study method for its teaching! ESADE and IE a mix of the class lectures and case studies! IESE is a 2 year (19 months + 3 months of internship) MBA course! ESADE has flexibility depending on your requirement to complete your MBA in 15 or 18 months! IE is a one year course! IESE is a general management course, while IE is a international management course! ESADE too I believe is a general management course! Now all these attributes will help one answer of the questions posed in above paragraph. For me my first preference post MBA was consulting followed by health care, hence case study was preferred way of learning and 2 year MBA provided me with internship opportunity which a career switcher needs! I have other reasons too such as small class, good exchange programs availability, longer time reputation (IESE being the first 2 year MBA in Europe and now having 50 years of consistent existence). All my other school's choice was also similar in line.

Talking to alumni and native Spanish and European population also helps in determining the prestige factor! If you plan to work outside Europe, say in US/Latin America/ Asia/ Africa, you need to also check with your preferred employers whether they hire at the selected school or not!

Ask more questions from yourself and your answers would create a match between you and one of the school! Wish you all the best in whatever you decide :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Too confusing just got into oxford gonna go there cuz people have actually heard of it in USA

I feel like in 10yrs it's not going to matter if the particular program was 1,2 years, well known for X, FT ranking, etc

Plus Spanish don't drink enough....

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM