It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 13:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Experts' Global Representative
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2017, 23:32
DynastyXG wrote:
Would love some evaluation for my application for Kellogg! Thanks in advance! Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Background and nationality:
Asian American

Undergrad Information:
Cornell University, 3.46 GPA in Economics

GMAT:
750 50Q|41V

Work experience and leadership:
60 months at matriculation.
3 years at a major HR consulting firm out of college with 2 promotions.
Currently at a major health insurer as an internal consultant in a business development role.

Community and others:
1) Associate board and tutor for an educational profit for 3 years.
2) VP of economics club and on executive board for a cultural club during college

Post MBA goals:
Pivot into strategy and management at a F500 technology firm

Hello DynastyXG :)

At the outset, I must mention that you have a stellar profile. Considering your GMAT score, your alma mater, your extracurricular activities, as well as your work experience, you fit the bill for Kellogg on most counts.

Having said that, Kellogg also places immense emphasis on how well your application is written. Hence, we recommend that you carry out a detailed research of the program and work on an application that highlights your strengths, and depicts a strong sync among your work experience, short-term goals, and long-term impact. If you manage to achieve this, we are confident that you will stand a very good chance at making it to Kellogg.

Should you feel the need to discuss your story and career goals in greater detail, please feel free to reach out to us.

All the very best ☺

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Expert Post
B

Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2017, 00:10
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
jwang516 wrote:
Hi, I am an Asian American US citizen.

GMAT : 730 (Q-50 V-39)
Work Experience: Forensic Consulting at PriceWaterhouseCoopers
Under grad : A private school around #20 overall in US per USNews (Emory, Wake Forest, Notre Dame). I majored in business from a top 10 UG Business school in US
Under grad GPA : 3.6
Future Goal: I would like to transition from PwC into one of McKinsey, Bain or BCG. I majored in business and I am currently in consulting. However, my field is narrow and I'm afraid of "getting stuck" in my field. My work is also mostly reactive and deal with smaller (non C suite level) issues. I want to transition into more strategy consulting with broader focus.
Extracurriculars: I spend time volunteering at AVLF, a non-profit that provides free services for low-income residents who need legal advice. I am also VP of alumni relations for my fraternity in college. I usually wouldn't bring this up but I helped charter the first Asian American fraternity at my college, an event that I think could help me stand out. I was also involved in many diversity initiatives in college, including as a dancer on a step dance team called the Brotherhood of Afrocentric Men (BAM) and as a multicultural outreach mentor.

The way I think of it is that my profile is silver, not gold. I'm afraid that as an Asian American male in consulting, my statistics need to be higher than that of the average because of the many applicants with similar background. I would love some professional thoughts on my application to Kellogg and Top 10 schools.

I have another question regarding my GMAT score. I understand it's been increasing consistently. I'm pretty confident I can get a 740 or 750 but I'm not sure if it's worth it. How much would an increase of 10 or 20 points help in my case?

Thank you so much for your help!

Hello jwang516 :)

The good news is that your GMAT score, your undergrad pedigree, as well as your work experience make you a very competitive applicant for the program you are looking at. Moreover, having identified that your profile needs to stand out among the pool of applicants, you are already on the right track.

At this point, we strongly recommend that you work towards creating an application that focuses on the elements that differentiate your profile. Your strong extracurricular activities will play a strong role in doing the same. Further, have a number of talking points in terms of the achievements you have had at work.

Now, with regard to your GMAT, the higher the score the better it is. Set yourself a personal milestone and work towards achieving your desired score, well in time for you to meet the Kellogg deadline. The good part is that you still have a couple of months ☺

Should you feel the need to discuss your application in greater detail, please feel free to reach out to us ☺

Good Luck!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.63
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2017, 19:10
Hello! I have a bit of an unorthodox profile, so would love an expert's perspective on my chances.

Background and nationality: Filipino woman, multi-national experience in Philippines, Singapore and US
Educational Background:
- Undergrad: Behavioral Sciences from top 3 Philippine university; GPA: 3.6 (top 1% of graduating class)
- Masters: Industrial/Organizational Psychology from top 40 US university; GPA: 3.7
GMAT: 710 (46 Q/41 V)
- 4 years full time experience
- Currently Big 4 Consulting - Human Capital, focus on life sciences & healthcare industry
- Previous: health benefits consulting, organizational development (training/change management/org design), marketing & communications
Community involvement:
- Leadership role in Filipino poverty alleviation nonprofit in the Boston area
- Various student government roles in college; led training, policy reform, and scholarship programs
Post MBA goals: Long term, I want to prove that Strategic HR/People Management is a path to C-suite beyond CHRO. Short term, I'll be seeking a role in a strategic Talent Management/Org Development/People Analytics capacity.

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
B

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2017, 05:14
mjlim wrote:
Hello! I have a bit of an unorthodox profile, so would love an expert's perspective on my chances.

Background and nationality: Filipino woman, multi-national experience in Philippines, Singapore and US
Educational Background:
- Undergrad: Behavioral Sciences from top 3 Philippine university; GPA: 3.6 (top 1% of graduating class)
- Masters: Industrial/Organizational Psychology from top 40 US university; GPA: 3.7
- Currently Big 4 Consulting - Human Capital, focus on life sciences & healthcare industry
- Previous: health benefits consulting, organizational development (training/change management/org design), marketing & communications
Community involvement:
- Various student government roles in college; led training, policy reform, and scholarship programs
Post MBA goals: Long term, I want to prove that Strategic HR/People Management is a path to C-suite beyond CHRO. Short term, I'll be seeking a role in a strategic Talent Management/Org Development/People Analytics capacity.

Thanks!

Hello mjlim

What sets people apart are their unique profiles and backgrounds and you sure have one! ☺ Considering that top MBA programs encourage diversity in their classrooms; you do have a very good chance.

At this point, what really matters is how well you portray your varied experiences (both professional and extracurricular), the skills you have developed through these experiences, and the goals you now wish to arrive at. Work on an application that connects all the dots together and portrays your strong intent for an MBA.

Now, coming to the flip side of things, a score of 710 is slightly on the lower side. Thus, we recommend that you take another shot at the GMAT and aim for a higher score.

We are certain that an improved score, coupled with a well-drafted application will make you a competitive applicant at Kellogg.

All the best! ☺

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2017, 15:48
Hi, I have some specific questions on top of evaluation that I really appreciate some insight.
Chinese male accountant working in US. financial service
GMAT: 740 (V38 Q50)
Undergrad GPA 3.58
CMA, soon to be CPA (hopefully before R1 deadline)
Been working as accountant for: Legal (2 years) Saas (.5 year) investment immigration (2.5 years)
Created a volunteer Chinese class in undergrad which is still going
Volunteer in finance team for a sex-positive non profit for ~.5 year now
Volunteer as consultant for a immigration job ready program for ~.3 year
Post MBA hoping findtech specifically blockchain
My work and goal are both financial service and tech, but my community involvements are all diversity. Is this too split and I should focus on one side?
How important is that self reported GPA on GMAT? I kinda just guessed a number when I was taking it and later found out I didn't have that (I put 3.8 on it and I only got 3.58).
Thank you~~

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2017, 02:50
Would like your opinion on my profile. I hope this tread is still active!

- GMAT - 760 (Q51, V41) AWA - 4, IR - 8
- GPA - 7.9/10, B.Tech. IIT Roorkee

Experience
- Worked for 4 years in a Marketing analytics firm (450 employees, global presence). Collaborated with marketing teams of SABMiller, Amazon.in, P&G on market research projects. Progressed in my role over the years.

Role - Designing research, identifying key trends and insights, liaising with client teams, coordinating with support teams and vendors

Achievements/ Other activities - Promoted every year; been a high performer
Lead initiatives that have had a small positive impact on work-flow and project budget
Mentored new-comers; conducted technical training

Post-MBA Goal - Transition to marketing in CPG industry; aiming for product/ brand management role. My market research experience combined with an MBA will be a good fit for the role.

Extra-curricular
- Active in athletics (100m, 200m sprints) and rowing during college.
- Ardent trekker since college; been on several high-altitude treks, recently to Everest base camp.
- Pursuing mountaineering. I have finished 2 month-long mountaineering courses and summited two technical peaks (both ~20,000 ft) in India.

Volunteered for
- a rural development project aimed at imparting computer education to school teachers and students. Volunteered for an year.
- teaching school students and providing career guidance. Involved in this for 2 years.
- health camps and cleanliness drives, community service

Indian, Male, Age - 28

Please point out other schools that I should be targeting. Any chances with H/S/W?

Last edited by sriramiitr on 31 Jul 2017, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Expert Post
Admissionado
G

Kudos [?]: 989 [0], given: 49

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2017, 03:47
lavon wrote:
Hi all,

I'll be applying this year to Kellogg and would love to get feedback on what my chances are. I currently have 6 years of experience in the Military.

Undergrad: Mechanical engineering at a top 20 Engineering Program (Duke, UPenn, Northwestern)
GPA: Low (A's in Math classes, bunch of B's in engineering classes, 2-3 C's in minor electives I didn't care about, no trend...)
Work: 6 years work experience, with a lot of leadership and international training. Let teams of 10-20 directly as an officer as well as large scale military events with hundreds of military personnel, both US and foreign. Not special forces, but have taken a few rare billets and have gotten the chance to live overseas for a few years. #1 among my peers each yearly evaluation for the past 3-4 years and previous bosses will be saying nothing but great things about me in any recommendations.
Extra Credit: 2-3 clubs in college, leadership role in one. Volunteering consistently each year since graduation with underprivileged youths, on 1 non-profit board currently.
Goal: Initially Management Consulting before transitioning to internal strategy at a F100 or strategy role at a startup
GMAT: 750 even split.

How are my prospects at Kellogg or other top 10s?

Hey dude!
Great to hear from you!
So you have a very very good profile and I think you can easily apply for Top 10. Just get your story down pat, and get some great recommendations and the rest will be a question of exactly where you want to go.

Your strengths:
- Military applicant
- Very strong leadership with big groups
- Black American
- Fantastic GMAT
- Top school

The only real neg seems to be your GPA, but out of all the possible weaknesses in a profile, it is the one that matters least. So basically... you're in pretty good shape!

Only other comment I have at this moment is that you do have to work on those goals. Right now they are mighty vague. And it seems like you don't really know what it is you want to do. Best is to come up with goals that are very specific.

Here are three articles specifically about coming with with solid MBA goals that should help you out:
http://admissionado.com/mba/tuesday-qa- ... ontent=mba
http://admissionado.com/mba/present-rea ... ontent=mba
http://admissionado.com/mba/sharpen-the ... ontent=mba

Best of luck!
Jon

And feel free to drop us a line for a more full-on Free Consultation: http://bit.ly/mbafcGC

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Expert Post
Admissionado
G

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2017, 03:57
Maeksense wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am considering apply to a B-school in US/France and would love to have several feedback from you.

My background:
-Age 25/Male Chinese living in France for 7 years
-French Top 10 Engineering school: GPA 3.2/4 (12.45/20, it's difficult to convert a french GPA, still don't know how to do that)
-Work in a boutique consulting firm in Technology Consulting/Market research analytics for 2.5 years, mainly in semiconductor/electronic industry, just get the promotion from junior analyst to analyst and I am helping another colleague creat a new business unit in the company
-GMAT: 760 (Q51 V41 IR8 AWA 3)
-TOEFL: will be done in July/August

I'm looking for opportunities in top consulting companies in China(after mba) and in the future maybe try Chinese semiconductor company for strategic planning/product marketing (~5 yrs later). After talking with different people I'm now targeting Kellogg and INSEAD as top two choices but don't know if I could be qualified for that...
Major concerns: short work time and small company, low GPA
Any advice or comment would be welcome

Best regards,

Hello there!
Great to hear from you!
Well your base profile is very interesting and unique. The school will not see that many Chinese applicants who have that much experience in France, so it sets you up as a unique candidate, and also offers you good opportunities which only YOU can have (I mean how many candidates in US Bschools will have knowledge about China and France??? very very few)

That plus your wicked good GMAT will start you off very strongly!

I would of course love to learn more about you: Where do you work? What do you do? How quickly have you advanced? Do you have any leadership? What are your great achievements? Do you have notable community service or extra curriculars?

As all of this will be very important in getting into the detail. But overall, I think Top 15/20 schools would be good for you. Kellogg is a fair choice as is INSEAD.

If you would like to provide more detail about your application, feel free to drop us a line for a more full-on Free Consultation: http://bit.ly/mbafcGC

Best,
Jon Frank

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Expert Post
Admissionado
G

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2017, 04:08
jwang516 wrote:

Under grad : A private school around #20 overall in US per USNews (Emory, Wake Forest, Notre Dame). I majored in business from a top 10 UG Business school in US
Future Goal: I would like to transition from PwC into one of McKinsey, Bain or BCG. I majored in business and I am currently in consulting. However, my field is narrow and I'm afraid of "getting stuck" in my field. My work is also mostly reactive and deal with smaller (non C suite level) issues. I want to transition into more strategy consulting with broader focus.
Extracurriculars: I spend time volunteering at AVLF, a non-profit that provides free services for low-income residents who need legal advice. I am also VP of alumni relations for my fraternity in college. I usually wouldn't bring this up but I helped charter the first Asian American fraternity at my college, an event that I think could help me stand out. I was also involved in many diversity initiatives in college, including as a dancer on a step dance team called the Brotherhood of Afrocentric Men (BAM) and as a multicultural outreach mentor.

The way I think of it is that my profile is silver, not gold. I'm afraid that as an Asian American male in consulting, my statistics need to be higher than that of the average because of the many applicants with similar background. I would love some professional thoughts on my application to Kellogg and Top 10 schools.

I have another question regarding my GMAT score. I understand it's been increasing consistently. I'm pretty confident I can get a 740 or 750 but I'm not sure if it's worth it. How much would an increase of 10 or 20 points help in my case?

Hey dude,
Nice GMAT!
Allrighty, you have a very good profile, with a great school, a great GPA, a great GMAT and a very very good job. Your goals make sense, and your target school too.

To answer your question: Nah, don't retake the GMAT. A 730 is good enough for an American candidate. And the difference between 10 and 20 points more won't be that much. Especially since you need to get started o your applications NOW! You want to make R1, it will be of more use for you than killing yourself to get 10 points more.

So I think you are good here, just start working on your application materials, and make sure all of that is as perfect as can be before you apply.

I hope this helps!

And feel free to drop us a line for a more full-on Free Consultation: http://bit.ly/mbafcGC

Best,
JF

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 37

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2017, 18:47
JonAdmissionado wrote:
jwang516 wrote:

My sense is also that you will benefit from going R1 here and so unless you can improve by Sept, I'd focus on the application itself. I do think the 740 + could help even more, but I think you could be a solid candidate as is-
so do focus on the application and essays. here are some tips on how to approach Kellogg's essays https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... mba-essay/ and if you would like to reach out for a free consult-
here is the link to do that where we can discuss your case in more detail: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 37

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 651 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2017, 03:15
Top Contributor
brucewu11 wrote:
Hi, I have some specific questions on top of evaluation that I really appreciate some insight.
Chinese male accountant working in US. financial service
GMAT: 740 (V38 Q50)
Undergrad GPA 3.58
CMA, soon to be CPA (hopefully before R1 deadline)
Been working as accountant for: Legal (2 years) Saas (.5 year) investment immigration (2.5 years)
Created a volunteer Chinese class in undergrad which is still going
Volunteer in finance team for a sex-positive non profit for ~.5 year now
Volunteer as consultant for a immigration job ready program for ~.3 year
Post MBA hoping findtech specifically blockchain
My work and goal are both financial service and tech, but my community involvements are all diversity. Is this too split and I should focus on one side?
How important is that self reported GPA on GMAT? I kinda just guessed a number when I was taking it and later found out I didn't have that (I put 3.8 on it and I only got 3.58).
Thank you~~

Hi Bruce,

- Overall, the GMAT, work-ex, and academics all seem in line.
- Post-MBA FinTech is great, and Kellogg is one of the schools that is quite focused on the area. All good here. The blockchain focus may be a bit too specific though. Maybe keep your objectives a bit broader.
- The concern on the community involvement part is the 0.5 years and the 0.3 years thing. That may be considered a bit too recent, though of course is better than nothing. Your community involvement doesn't need to be diverse or aligned to your goals.
- The self reported GPA on the GMAT is not a problem. You can self-report a different GPA on your Kellogg app and they will consider that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2017, 03:25
Top Contributor
sriramiitr wrote:

Experience
- Worked for 4 years in a Marketing analytics firm (450 employees, global presence). Collaborated with marketing teams of SABMiller, Amazon.in, P&G on market research projects. Progressed in my role over the years.

Role - Designing research, identifying key trends and insights, liaising with client teams, coordinating with support teams and vendors

Lead initiatives that have had a small positive impact on work-flow and project budget

Post-MBA Goal - Transition to marketing in CPG industry; aiming for product/ brand management role. My market research experience combined with an MBA will be a good fit for the role.

Extra-curricular
- Ardent trekker since college; been on several high-altitude treks, recently to Everest base camp.
- Pursuing mountaineering. I have finished 2 month-long mountaineering courses and summited two technical peaks (both ~20,000 ft) in India.

Volunteered for
- a rural development project aimed at imparting computer education to school teachers and students. Volunteered for an year.
- teaching school students and providing career guidance. Involved in this for 2 years.

Indian, Male, Age - 28

Please point out other schools that I should be targeting. Any chances with H/S/W?

Hi Sriram

Great to see your post.
- Your GMAT is outstanding (apart from the AWA; slight concern), and your GPA is quite decent. The IIT Roorkee brand definitely helps.
- The work experience seems quite good. Any international experience to note there? While the qualitative aspects of your experience are important, be sure to focus on your skills on the quant side and importantly the difference they made. There are many ways to look at marketing analytics (from simple surveys to deep customer segmentation and preference determination through mining), so ensure that you can show how your work mattered.
- You do have career progression to show in terms of promotions, but how you have progressed in terms of responsibility and impact will be key here. In addition, CPG roles in Brand Management will not be easy sells if you have are an international applicant who has not worked in the NA market earlier, so account for that.
- ECA seems decent, but some points that you list out separately may really be seen as one broad thing by schools. For example, the last two points on ECA and the first two on volunteering are similar.
- In any case, you have a good profile and a very decent shot of making it to Kellogg with a strong app.

Expert Post
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2017, 05:35
sriramiitr wrote:

Experience

Extra-curricular

Volunteered for

Indian, Male, Age - 28

Hi sriramiitr :)

You have an excellent GMAT score and this will surely stand you at an advantage! Moreover, having IIT as an alma mater always works! ☺

Further, your work experience looks rich, as well, especially with the career progression, and training experience. Nonetheless, at this point, it is important that you focus on working on your essays. Focus on the following:

- Creating a logical flow among your professional experience, short-term goals, and long-term impact.
- Focus on your numerical abilities, as well the soft-skills you garnered along the way.

The extra-curricular activities look decent, if not exceptional. They will, however, give you a few talking points.

You definitely have a good profile for Kellogg. However, how you prepare your essays will be extremely crucial, as well.

Should you feel the need for a detailed discussion, please feel free to reach out to us!

Good luck with everything! ☺

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2017, 03:25
Top Contributor
mjlim wrote:

Educational Background:
Community involvement:

Thanks!

Hi

Thanks for posting and its great to see that you have some solid achievements there.

- Acads, GMAT, and experience are all good. The multi-national experience adds a definite feather to your cap.
- You might want to delve into your goals a bit more. The short-term one is similar to what you have, so you need to be on the money in terms of explaining how an MBA is needed or will help, and what you will achieve from that role. For example, People Analytics could be a good choice, but Organizational Development may need more explanation. In the long-term as well, the goal sounds more like a position than an objective (possible that you just put it in here in brief, but do clarify this further on your actual app).
- Kellogg has good focus on HR through its MO major; you might also like to supplement with a general management/strat focus according to your interests.
- Other than that, you should certainly elicit good interest from Kellogg, and you would in all probability have a great story for the first essay for Kellogg. Go for it!

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2017, 17:45
Thanks for sharing your profile. You have a very strong GMAT which is your greatest strength and your 2.4 GPA is your biggest weakness along with the competitive demo which you come from. I think your GPA will pose major problem at Kellogg given the avg is close to 3.6. Your GMAT score will go a long to way to mitigate that but you will a GREAT application that stands out to breakthrough at Kellogg

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Admissionado
G

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2017, 00:05
vishugogo wrote:
Hi my name is Abhishek Srivastava from India

GMAT : 760 (Q-50 V-44)
Industry : Pharmaceutical Consulting
Work Experience : 72 (months)
Under grad : Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (B.Tech - Information technology)
Under grad GPA : 2.4

I have been working for a market research startup which provides data to pharmaceutical companies so that they could help devise strategies related to new brand production, market capture etc. My post is of a regional manager and I been heading a team of 10 people now. earlier the time size was 2. No promotions because hierarchical structure is very less ( only 2 managers above and then the ceo of company). Yet I have handled major projects for company like glenmark pilot, zydus optistox etc. Glenmark was ready to roll out pan india only when they saw success in uttar pradesh and I was the given the role of leading that projects bringing in revenue of Rs 1.5 crore.

Extracurricular : Film making group in hometown, assistant director for the same. directed movies majorly on women issue and farmer labour.

I want to specialise in operations consulting.

Hey Abhishek!
A 760!!! Well done dude!
:)

That will help you balance things out with that pretty low GPA too.

So first things first: Where do you work? What do you do? How quickly have you advanced? Do you have any leadership? What are your great achievements? Do you have notable community service or extra curriculars (besides the filmmaking?)

Right now, I see you as hitting the 10-25 range about. But really I would need more info from you to get more precise.

I hope this helps,
Best,
Jon

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2017, 10:03
Hi guys,

I have a work experience of 3 years in Customer Service Profile. My GPA is 3.0

Now, I am looking at applying for a B-school for 2018 intake. My gmat is scheduled for Sept.

Please suggest A good college which has an MBA course/specialisation in digital marketing in US.

I have researched and see only Pace university offers MBa in marketing management with digital marketing as an elective. However, I am not sure about this university as it is unranked. If anyone has any reviews about this program, then please share,

Thanks

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2017, 10:34
Top Contributor
vishugogo wrote:
Hi my name is Abhishek Srivastava from India

GMAT : 760 (Q-50 V-44)
Industry : Pharmaceutical Consulting
Work Experience : 72 (months)
Under grad : Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (B.Tech - Information technology)
Under grad GPA : 2.4

I have been working for a market research startup which provides data to pharmaceutical companies so that they could help devise strategies related to new brand production, market capture etc. My post is of a regional manager and I been heading a team of 10 people now. earlier the time size was 2. No promotions because hierarchical structure is very less ( only 2 managers above and then the ceo of company). Yet I have handled major projects for company like glenmark pilot, zydus optistox etc. Glenmark was ready to roll out pan india only when they saw success in uttar pradesh and I was the given the role of leading that projects bringing in revenue of Rs 1.5 crore.

Extracurricular : Film making group in hometown, assistant director for the same. directed movies majorly on women issue and farmer labour.

I want to specialise in operations consulting.

Hi Abhishek

Great to see your post.
- The 760 is of course an outstanding score and puts you in excellent contention for top schools.
- Market research in pharma to operations consulting will not be an easy switch. Although you would have exposure to elements of ops management, an ops consulting goal will require more. Healthcare consulting would be a better fit, more aligned with your current pharma consulting role.
- Your GPA seems unusually low. How did you calculate the GPA? Was it officially provided by Jaypee?
- ECA is excellent if some of your movies have been produced and are out there. Shows talent with social inclination as well. Great.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GPA: 3.9
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2017, 11:14
Hi,
Just applied to Kellogg Part Time Program and had my interview August 1st.
Got the following Stats:
GMAT: 620 (34V/42Q)
Working experience: Project Engineering for Heavy Machinery Design Firm for over 70 months
Career Aspirations: Brand Management, Strategy consulting, even I realize I might be a little too old for that.

Thanks for your advice.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2017, 11:17
Top Contributor
Vvorobyo9474 wrote:
Hi,
Just applied to Kellogg Part Time Program and had my interview August 1st.
Got the following Stats:
GMAT: 620 (34V/42Q)
Working experience: Project Engineering for Heavy Machinery Design Firm for over 70 months
Career Aspirations: Brand Management, Strategy consulting, even I realize I might be a little too old for that.

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks for sharing. The move to Brand Management could be a bit challenging from your current role. Strategy/Ops consulting is certainly fair. The GMAT might raise some concerns around that though (consulting firms often look at the GMAT score at the point of recruitment). Still, your industry expertise, excellent grades, and experience should make you a good fit for ops consulting.

Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!   [#permalink] 04 Aug 2017, 11:17

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 169 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap