Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 247 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Consulting (Education)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: Harvard University
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Send PM
Re: EMBA - Any difference in R1 vs R2 vs R3? [#permalink]
MBAIvy wrote:
I'm a former Harvard interviewer (and Harvard grad) and disagree with the advice in the above post. Round 1 & Round II EMBA are the same, in my opinion, but R3 should still be avoided. The more serious students know what they want early on, apply early as a result, and the schools and programs know this. You're going to be taken in a more serious light applying R1 or R2 and that's going to reflect on your application.

https://www.MBAIvyLeague.com

Jillian

Ummm... what in heck does being a Harvard interviewer or grad have to do with this? Harvard doesn't even have an EMBA program (they have "executive education"; totally not the same thing). You're certainly entitled to your opinion but these comments are really misguided. Our advice is based on many (many) years of experience in helping people get in. We've got PLENTY of success stories of Round 3 EMBA applicants. Sure, applying earlier shows you're motivated, but so what? You can still totally get in with Rd 3; it's no major disadvantage over Rd 1 or Rd 2.

EssaySnark
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
EMBA - Any difference in R1 vs R2 vs R3? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I actually run the MBA admissions firm MBA IVY LEAGUE (https://www.MBAIvyLeague.com) out of Manhattan, and have extensive, expert experience getting clients in to the top EMBA programs in the U.S and abroad. I still strongly disagree with the above, and was simply listing my credentials so readers can see that I am not speaking out of ignorance. I've worked with some of the top executives and EMBA programs and avoiding R3 is what I strongly believe.

Jillian, Founder
MBA IVY LEAGUE
(646) 276-7042 (New York)

MBAIvyLeagueConsulting@gmail.com

Originally posted by MBAIvy on 06 Nov 2014, 08:24.
Last edited by MBAIvy on 06 Nov 2014, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
MBAIvy wrote:
I actually run the MBA admissions firm MBA IVY LEAGUE https://www.MBAIvyLeague.com out of Manhattan, and have extensive and expert experience getting clients in to the top EMBA programs. I still strongly disagree, based on all of my experience, and was simply listing my credentials so readers can see that I'm not speaking out of ignorance. I've worked with some of the top executives and EMBA programs and avoiding R3 is simply what I strongly believe.

Jillian

Awesome. Well, we work with everyday people, and they typically have great good luck with EMBA in Rd 3 - so anyone out there interested in a last-round app to an EMBA program (especially if you're in this category) is invited to cruise over to the EssaySnark blahg for plenty of information and support to make it happen!!

EssaySnark

Originally posted by essaysnark on 06 Nov 2014, 08:30.
Last edited by essaysnark on 06 Nov 2014, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
My clients do target the top schools, for both MBA and EMBA. I also offer free reviews and consultation:

Jillian, Founder
MBA Ivy League
(646) 276-7042 (NYC)
MBAIvyLeagueConsulting@gmail.com
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
I am moving this to the Executive MBA sub-forum. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks all for your inputs. I am currently located around DC area. I am thinking about two schools - 1) UVA Darden (2 and 1/2 hours drive) and 2) Duke (Fuqua) University (~ 5 hours). I understand both are good schools but I have a feeling after reading the forums that Duke may have a slight edge in terms of employability in technology sector. Do you guys have any thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
blackhat401 wrote:
Thanks all for your inputs. I am currently located around DC area. I am thinking about two schools - 1) UVA Darden (2 and 1/2 hours drive) and 2) Duke (Fuqua) University (~ 5 hours). I understand both are good schools but I have a feeling after reading the forums that Duke may have a slight edge in terms of employability in technology sector. Do you guys have any thoughts?

What do you mean by "employability"? Are you talking about recruiting? Because that won't be as available to EMBA students as they are to traditional MBA students. If you are concerned about recruiting, you should not be considering an EMBA. If you are just talking about alumni network and reputation of the school, I think they are both on similar footing.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes I mean recruiting. Typically, the cost of the EMBA program is between 150k - 200k. In order to ensure the ROI either 1) we have to be promoted in our existing companies engineer-to-new role or 2) work for a management consulting firm (BCG, BC, etc..) that pays well and also offer a new career path in the same vertical (technology, financial, etc..). I would like to know what are the chances for option 2 as an EMBA graduate.
GMAT Club Bot