Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
U5UWZLP5 wrote:
Thank you for the advice and encouragement! Two quick questions: first, does the two years of experience recommendation include the time I did in AmeriCorps VISTA, or would this be two brand new years of experience?
Also--and this was something I was wondering about earlier--if I apply in the fall with 3 years of work experience, but work full-time until I enter the program, will I be seen as having 3 years or 4 years of experience? I just wanted to know whether adcoms would take the work I plan to do in between applying and matriculating into account.
Thanks again!

Hey dude, very good follow-up question. To be more clear, I think the minimum amount of time is three years of work experience at the time of matriculation, including your work in AmeriCorps VISTA.

:)

Best,
Jon
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks, I appreciate your help! Another question: should I put some safety schools on my list? I feel it would be arrogant for me to assume that I'm going to get into one of these top schools, even if I have reasons to be hopeful.
Also, would it be unrealistic to try to apply to 6-8 schools in Round 1? I don't really know how long the applications would take, but I figure that there will be a lot of overlap between the essays, and maybe even the recommendations.
Obviously I don't have to think about the logistics of the application process for a while, but your advice would be appreciated.
Admissionado
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
U5UWZLP5 wrote:
Thanks, I appreciate your help! Another question: should I put some safety schools on my list? I feel it would be arrogant for me to assume that I'm going to get into one of these top schools, even if I have reasons to be hopeful.
Also, would it be unrealistic to try to apply to 6-8 schools in Round 1? I don't really know how long the applications would take, but I figure that there will be a lot of overlap between the essays, and maybe even the recommendations.
Obviously I don't have to think about the logistics of the application process for a while, but your advice would be appreciated.

Noooooo problem!!!
1. Yes! Absolutely put safety schools on your list. 1-2 should be enough
2. The more schools you apply to and the earlier the better. For Round one if you are preparing early, you can make 6-8 schools and it's a good idea. In my opinion, not enough people do it. :)

Hope this helps!!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks, that definitely helps!
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts