Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all WHU MIM applicants - September 2017 Intake [#permalink]
GovKohli wrote:
Hello,
The WHU website does not provide any detail regarding class profile. So, I can't really generalise what profile is better suited to the program. But since I have been already admitted, I can share my profile
-From India
-670 GMAT(minimum required is 600)
-2 years work ex (not mandatory but can fetch you extra points)
-Strong extra-curriculars (National level sportsperson etc.)
I would suggest to you to apply soon. The sooner it is, the better.
Let me know if you have any other query. Happy to help.

Cheers!

Thanks for sharing your profile! It is really impressive.

Mine is not as strong at all:
-Expected GMAT 630-640. (But sometimes we can get lower than we expect. In that case I will retake th test in early June if it wont be late)
-No experience of working, graduating this year
-I speak fluently 3 languages (including english) and now I am full A2 level in German
-Fully funded semester abroad in the US
-No outstanding extra-curricular
-And the biggest problem of mine...very very poor GPA. I am so ashamed of it I will not even share it.

Too bad I though of receiving master's degree so late, I would have worked longer on getting higher GMAT score to compensate my poor gpa. I do not think I will make it to WHU so I have no idea where should I apply.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
June would be really late. Whatever score you have by mid-May, apply with it. High GMAT can compensate for low GPA, but if not, there are other things as well such as the semester you have spent abroad - it will fetch you brownie points. It would have been nice to add internship to your profile but I guess it might be late. Don't worry, a lot of fresh graduates apply for MIM. Add whatever you can to your profile like NGO work or any Social Voluntary involvement.
Other option in Germany is Mannheim (equally good) and then HHL. Aim for only good business schools.
Good luck for your GMAT. Don't let GPA deter you you from applying to good schools. Try to compensate it with other elements.

Would love to answer other queries, if you have any.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yes, I will stil try and apply to top ranking schools. You know that they say "It's better to regret what you have done than what you haven't"

Could you please talk about admission test? How it went, what type of questions you were asked?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The interview is divided into 2 parts - Admission Test and General Interview.
Admission Test - You are asked to fill(in your application) 3 topics of your choice (can be anything). If you receive a call for your interview, you will be informed about the topic give to you for your admission test (out of the 3 choices). You have to make a presentation on it and submit it at least 2 days before your admission test. The interviewer will then ask you questions based on that presentation. Goes on for about 20 min
General Interview- A very general interview, which mostly revolves around your Resume/CV. More of a friendly chit-chat, just to know you. 25-30 min.
Overall, in my case atleast, both interviewers were very friendly and made me extremely comfortable.
Tip: Be yourself.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot! I am filling out my application right now. What can I include in teamwork experience? Can I talk about how I worked on an academic project with other 4 students and defeated it at the conference. Or are they looking for something else? How descriptive should I get when I am writing about my motivations of pursying master's degree? Is there any additionaltips that you would share? Sorry if it's too many questions!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Also what kind of topics should I choose? Is something like "Valuation", "Supply Chain management" is ok? What did you choose? I am bit confused.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Please check your inbox.
It's alright if you have more questions. No issues, mate. If you got more queries, shoot right away.

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Please check your inbox.
It's alright if you have more questions. No issues, mate. If you got more queries, shoot right away.

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
I got an offer as well.

non-EU citizen
24/Male
GMAT:710
Bachelor in Management, graduated with honors. Exchange in Belgium.
Experience: 5 months full time(small consulting firm that operates abroad) + 3 months internship(audit+industry)
EC: Member of an NGO that works for fair political representation, ex-member of a university student business club.
Language: Well, I took TOEFL(106) -for a scholarship application- after I applied WHU, so I didn't provide my score. Nevertheless, they didn't ask for it, since my bachelor studies were in English. My German level is A1, but didn't have a certificate for it as well. Just wrote it in the application form.

I have an OK profile but I guess the main reason I am admitted is my GMAT score. My interviews were also good. The first one took 40 minutes and the second 30 minutes. Not very pushy or stressing. Overall, the interviews were great and the interviewers were very friendly and nice. I got the offer one day after the interviews.

Feel free to ask.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations Korhand. Impressive profile.
Cheers, mate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
GovKohli wrote:
Congratulations Korhand. Impressive profile.
Cheers, mate.

Thank you for your good wishes, and also thank you for your help through PMs :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
I have got a place in the MiM in WHU. I want to know about the student life and diversity in WHU. How is Vallender as a place? Which accommodation is advisable or better? I am very confused about the place because I have an offer from Cass Business School also. The thing confusing me is the place. Cass is complete city life but WHU is higher ranked. I am not sure about what i want to do in the future. Whether I want to stay and look for a job or come back to my family business. Please help. Any help will be highly appreciated!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tamz
Congratulations on getting the admit!
I don't have a first hand experience of the course or the place, so I am going to share what I have learnt from different sources.
Vallendar, as a place, is not much appealing to students. So in that aspect, Cass is obviously a good choice given that it's in London. But honestly, this aspect shouldn't matter much. You'll not live in Vallendar for 2 years. You'll secure an internship (which means you'll leave Vallendar) and you'll leave the place for your exchange semester as well. So, all in all, you get to stay in Vallendar for not even a year. But yes, London is the capital of the world in quite a few aspects.
Ranking definitely puts WHU above Cass. Furthermore, Cass is not the best in England whereas WHU is a leading business school in Germany. You'll get to learn a new culture and a new language, which is a big advantage. Ofcourse, if you're looking to work in Germany post your masters, you must be proficient in the language. I haven't had any contact with Cass alumni but I have always heard good things about WHU. I did not apply to Cass because it is not a top school in Europe as per MIM rankings.
I am not really informed about your future goals. So, from what i know, i would suggest you to go for WHU over Cass. It'll be a much more challenging experience, in my opinion.
Let me know if you have more queries.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have chosen WHU for my Masters. Any idea of the places to apply for housing? Until now, I have thought of Humboldthöhe because the Housing Department has said that mostof the masters students stay there. Anyone has any other suggestions?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys, could you please tell me what attracted you to WHU?
I decided to apply to spring semester and I am still not sure where to study. Did you consider places such as EBS and HHL?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tamz wrote:
I have chosen WHU for my Masters. Any idea of the places to apply for housing? Until now, I have thought of Humboldthöhe because the Housing Department has said that mostof the masters students stay there. Anyone has any other suggestions?

So you decided to go to Germany? Congrats on getting admitted btw! I think you made an excellent choice. Could you please share your profile if you do not mind?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kuralaysn wrote:
tamz wrote:

So you decided to go to Germany? Congrats on getting admitted btw! I think you made an excellent choice. Could you please share your profile if you do not mind?

-From India
-650 GMAT(minimum required is 600)
-No work experience except internships in college
-Strong extra-curriculars (State level sportsperson etc.)

Another important thing is the admissions test that they have. It is a very important part of your admissions process. It is important that you wow them with your interview.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts