Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 21:57 It is currently 01 May 2024, 21:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.99
WE:Business Development (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 336 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation - 740 GMAT, Banking/Music experience [#permalink]
Whoa...just want to stop by and say great profile!!

If I have to point out any flaws in this flawless profile (if I may) would be the gap of employment between 12/08 and 03/09 (Did you work elsewhere during these 3 months?) I am no expert at all... but it maybe worth mentioning because schools could perceive it as a layoff which was common at that time? (again, i am not expert)

Good luck with the applications!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
applebees wrote:
Whoa...just want to stop by and say great profile!!

If I have to point out any flaws in this flawless profile (if I may) would be the gap of employment between 12/08 and 03/09 (Did you work elsewhere during these 3 months?) I am no expert at all... but it maybe worth mentioning because schools could perceive it as a layoff which was common at that time? (again, i am not expert)

Good luck with the applications!

Thanks Applebees! It's an absolutely valid point you're raising - and I will make sure to address it in the applications. To answer your question - I did not work in Jan/Feb 2009. I took 2 weeks off around Christmas time to get back into a human shape after months of severe sleep deprivation. Then I spent almost all January trying to figure out how to (literally) get my foot into the door of a major record company. It's a very hard industry to get in, there's no application process as well-defined as the one in banking or FMCG industries for instance. Once I managed to do that, through a combination of strategy/persistence/luck, I started interviewing in early Feb and I then I was hired in a permanent role on March 9th. I might be wrong, but I think 2.5 months without employment when doing such an unusual industry change might seem pretty reasonable.

Good luck with your applications too!
Own Kudos [?]: 336 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hiya,

Thank you for the additional insight into your situation, past, present and future. Yes I believe if you are able to describe and explain all of that, within the essays and interview, it should all make sense and help explain your past decisions, as well as what you'll bring from your past to the MBA, and to your next career steps. And it helps the way you describe how your interest in digital content came about and how it is all related, certainly. ;)

Excited to hear how it all goes for you. Let us know how else we can help, and best wishes!

Cheers! ;)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Profile Evaluation - 740 GMAT, Banking/Music experience [#permalink]
mbaMissionJenK wrote:
Hiya,

Thank you for the additional insight into your situation, past, present and future. Yes I believe if you are able to describe and explain all of that, within the essays and interview, it should all make sense and help explain your past decisions, as well as what you'll bring from your past to the MBA, and to your next career steps. And it helps the way you describe how your interest in digital content came about and how it is all related, certainly. ;)

Excited to hear how it all goes for you. Let us know how else we can help, and best wishes!

Cheers! ;)

Dear Jen,

I just want to say "thank you" a year later. I was admitted to both Harvard and Stanford, and chose Stanford.

This post above was the beginning of my MBA application, and your words helped boost my confidence and shape my application.

All the best!
Own Kudos [?]: 336 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi NandoParrado!

CONGRATS on your acceptances and on becoming a Stanford MBA student! That is fabulous news. I appreciate your coming back to share the good news! I think you'll find it to be an amazing experience overall! Had a quick glance at your blog and also looks interesting, and helpful for other future applicants. I look forward to reading more about your upcoming journey. Wishing you all the best!! And glad to be of help. ;)
Moderator:
1453 posts