Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Request for Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi
Thank you for your reply
No i donot have any international experience but i do have been working from offshore for the foreign customers .
Leadership experience : this is something where leadreship opportunities come more with seniority in it companies ,so i have not got the opportunities like that yet but i have been a part of extensive customer interactions giving presentations to our clients , then as a performance test engineer for various projects etc, but apart from my work i have been an active member of some clubs such as Toastmaster's club where i have taken on leadership roles, delivered speeches , evaluated others etc ,all these leadership roles are part of developing a good leader and a good communicator am also a huge tennis buff and have played table tennis and represented my school’s also used to be good at singing ever since i was young and had won some notable prizes in school and was a part of the choir but as i grew up other academic pressures grew up due to which that line could no longer be pursued., my achievements would include as i mentioned earlier my patents, publications in a few International Conferences ,a few certifications, my Toastmaster's club certificate as well as the best team award that i mentioned earlier,

Also i would request you to please tell me whether schools look for the best score if a person has taken the GMAT multiple times

Awaiting your response eagerly
Warm regards,
Sidd
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Request for Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Dear Sidd,
So first of all, schools do take the highest score you have in your GMAT, so you are good to go there. For the TOEFL you do have to take it, unless your university was all taught in English.. so the answer is probably yes.

As far as your chances goes, I think that you have good stuff in your profile, and that you will be competitive at many of the schools on your list. IBS and Haas are stretches for you, but it is all right to have one or two stretches in your strategy. What is missing to me from your list, is that you lack a "Safe school" in your strategy. I don't see a school at which your profile is better than the average, and usually I recommend having one or two of those in your strategy. Your chances might change depending on what other unique aspects you can emphasize in your profile. Right now, I haven't got a handle exactly on what is most unique about you, but that also is something that comes out with time. But think about it already: What can you emphasize in your profile to make your application unique? Cause they will have many applicants who will have quite similar profiles and also be strong. Do what would make the AdCom choose YOU over the other folks??? It's something you need to think about, and then to get in your application.

So your essays will be especially important in emphasizing your uniqueness, and helping you stand out from the many other candidates with similar profiles.

Hope this helps you get started, and if you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate.

Best,
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts