Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 14:38 It is currently 09 May 2024, 14:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2064 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2064 [1]
Send PM
Re: Requesting a profile evaluation . Thank you :) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Sure you can get in! But the question will be WHERE??? :)

But don't worry about that just yet.. instead think: how can I best improve my candidacy?
1. Super GMAT
2. Amazing success in work

These are the two most important. Adding more volunteer work is a great addition too, although if you are looking for something, and can find something more unique than teaching it would be great (just because about every Indian candidate has taught as their volunteer work). For volunteer work in general three things count: 1. Its fame 2. the leadership you would have 3. the uniqueness.

Once you get all the above done, let's talk again say next May/June with your new amazing GMAT score (!!!!!!!) and then we will worry about where and how.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:

But don't worry about that just yet.. instead think: how can I best improve my candidacy?
1. Super GMAT

These are the two most important. Adding more volunteer work is a great addition too, although if you are looking for something, and can find something more unique than teaching it would be great (just because about every Indian candidate has taught as their volunteer work). For volunteer work in general three things count: 1. It's fame 2. the leadership you would have 3. the uniqueness.

Once you get all the above done, let's talk again say next May/June with your new amazing GMAT score (!!!!!!!) and then we will worry about where and how.

Good luck!

Thank you for your time and expertise Jon !!

I shall take my GMAT again and see you again next year :)

Thanking ,

Fudge
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2064 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Fudge wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:

1. Super GMAT

These are the two most important. Adding more volunteer work is a great addition too, although if you are looking for something, and can find something more unique than teaching it would be great (just because about every Indian candidate has taught as their volunteer work). For volunteer work in general three things count: 1. It's fame 2. the leadership you would have 3. the uniqueness.

Good luck!

Thanking ,

Fudge

Great! Look forward to hearing from you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Fudge wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:

1. Super GMAT

Good luck!

Thanking ,

Fudge

Great! Look forward to hearing from you.

Oh there is this one tiny last thing I wanted to know is that , does the company I worked in matter ? Like I've been working for a kinda small company and was wondering if would that also be a factor contributing to my chances ?

Regards,

Fudge
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2064 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Everything matters!

In general, if you come from a big and well-known company you get some bonus points, although there's nothing wrong with coming from small firms or a startup.
Moderator:
Admissionado
9228 posts